Feb 12, 2018
Davenport
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,

I am new to the forum -again. I used to have an above ground pool and was a mostly lurker at the forum. We moved and the kids grew up and I did not move my pool or replace it. Now I am starting to plan the purchase and installation of a new above ground pool. I doubt we will try to accomplish installation until 2019 ( Depends on weather and my husband’s enthusiasm level for major landscape renovations out back).

The basic chlorine chemistry I am pretty solid with, if rusty, since I haven’t maintained a pool since 2007.

But boy has the above ground pool market expanded since the last time I went shopping in 2001. So bring it on. Give me advice. Best materials? New gadgets and gizmos? Steel or aluminum walls and resin supports or steel or what? I have thought about an Aquasport pool dropped a couple of feet into the ground. We have a slight slope but could easily level and construct a slight retaing wall and route for drainage. We installed our old Doughboy pool that way ourselves so have the experience and knowledge. But I do like the idea of the pool being partially below ground level so it is less imposing in the backyard.

Thanks,

Jean

Doughboy is still a great pool that allows in ground with the warranty intact. That is the thing to check for any brand you look at.

For me it is resin all of the way for the tracks, post, caps, etc. I forget the kind of walls though :(

Let us see where this new pool will be going. Will you build a deck around it?

Kim:kim:

I will get some photos up tomorrow. Right now it is an ugly half melted snow field- but i have some photos from last summer that should be helpful. I am not certain about a deck yet. Probably not too much of one since our existing patio has comfortable seating and space. On the other hand, I do not want to be climbing in and out on an A frame ladder either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.