2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

Just got notice the pool will be at the dealer on March 21st. lots of work to do. Parts are starting to roll in. Picking up my heater, pump and filter tomorrow. I want to lay it out in the garage to plan my equipment shed.

This came in the mail today. I know everyone loves pics.

Attachments

• 20180306_173610.jpg
    20180306_173610.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 237
FUN times! While planning your equipment housing keep in mind to give yourself plenty of room to work on the equipment as well as the fact it will get wet from the pump overflow and while cleaning the filter no matter what kind of filter you end up with.

Kim:kim:

This forum has been pretty instrumental when it comes to component selection. The building side and logistics as in everything I've done in my life has been worked out and fine tuned in my mind 1000 times over. Can't wait to get started and I will make you guys sick with pics and video. lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I saw that video a long time ago before I even wanted a pool. lol. That operator missed the load calculation/leverge class.

Setting the stuff up in the garage to get a rough idea of where I'm gonna bring plumbing out of equipment slab. The Raypak is physically larger than I pictured.

Attachments

• 20180307_135249.jpg
    20180307_135249.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 217
On the bottom of the filter is a drain plug for draining it (yes, that’s about the most obvious statement ever made....). Most PBs install filters and never give any consideration to the orientation or accessibility of that plug. The pool owner then has to take contortionist classes at the local community college to figure out how to open and close that plug without needing the services of a chiropractor to fix a damaged spine.

I suggest you raise the filter to make it easy to get to that plug OR orient it in a way that makes lying down on your stomach easy. Folk on here have removed the plug altogether and have installed PVC ball valves that let them easily drain the filter. Give it some thought and I’m sure you’ll find a good solution.

Hey uxbridgechris (and everyone else),

This is my first post! We just decided to go forward with DIYing our own fiberglass pool so joining the site to get some info and bounce some questions as well.

Chris, if you don't mind my asking where did you order the shell? I'm currently speaking with a couple of manufacturers and suppliers in the GTA and calling one more wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.