Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia [emoji1037]

Very good thinking and the idea has merits and has been considered more than once, which shows you're really getting this.

For a SLAM, you just correct pH the once. It's best not to keep adjusting pH because when the FC drops at the end of the SLAM, so does the pH. After the pH is adjusted, just measure FC until the SLAM is finished.

How full are your bottles of DPD powder and FAS reagent?

Going to hold off on the slam. Pb was here while I was at work. I think he’s managed to fix my none auto acid dosing problem. I saw he had it set to full acid but now I can’t see that screen anymore (it was flashing between chlorine set level end acid set level) though it still seems to be auto dosing which it never has before. My FC just tested at 8 and was I think 9 this morning and cc is hard to pick between .5 and 1. Will see what happens tomorrow with everything set up as it should be. Ph currently 7.8 and he has set it for 7.3. I would say he will be back to check on it and adjust. I can only hope.

You can do the OCLT anytime to find out if you have nascent algae.

Will do another on the weekend. I do think there is something brewing but don’t want to do a slam right as my chlorinator settings have been problematic since day 1. Someone has fixed that today. Probably won’t be enough if there is algae but ccs aren’t worse so I think it can wait a couple of days to see where it’s trending and dial in these settings a bit.

And if you can keep from doing a SLAM it would be best for you new plaster. I say keep the FC up on the upper end and see what happens.

Here is hoping they did fix the problems. At least they are trying.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. I agree that I want to avoid a slam so early on if I can. Pb called this morning and explained what he did yesterday with the chlorinator settings. It’s quite complex but basically it wasn’t running as it should. He’s changed some of the tech only settings and we will see how things go. Basically for the past week and a half I’ve had an underperforming system. I do feel like this side of things has finally been resolved and happy that he figured it out as the pool company who did handover on Tuesday had a look and thought all seemed fine. Yesterday my pb just came to do a quick site visit and noticed immediately the chlorinator was doing something it shouldn’t. He’s out of my bad books now. Just. Dates set for the final few little things to be done.

Tried to turn the heat pump on this morning but can’t remember how to turn on the booster pump [emoji23] It’s been too long since it was commissioned and all that info has obviously been replaced with other stuff. Their tech guy is calling me. I know the booster pump goes on and then the heat pump. Think water temp is currently 14*C!

Poor Liz :hug: brain overload! Once all of this new info gets to long term memory you will have room for more new stuff! Make sure to write down the heater info and make a permanent file for stuff like this. I even go as far as to type and print it out!

Poor Liz :hug: brain overload! Once all of this new info gets to long term memory you will have room for more new stuff! Make sure to write down the heater info and make a permanent file for stuff like this. I even go as far as to type and print it out!

It is! I wrote it all down, then asked him to confirm. Will write the specific details in the manual when I get home.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So productive evening after a big day at work. Was probably a good thing that I couldn’t get the heat pump on this morning as I realised tonight I hadn’t hooked up irrigation pipe to the drain! It comes with outlet tubing but I just needed to connect irrigation pipe to it to run it down to the storm water drain. Lucky I did that as it produces a ton of water. A constant stream. Starting out at 18*C. Will pop the cover on tonight and see how much it can raise the temp overnight.

Chlorinator seems to be working well and I’m really excited to report that CC is .5 tonight down from it’s concerning 1. Water maybe looking marginally better. I think it will take a few days to see results from yesterday’s fix.

Completely forgot we had pool lights lol. Pulled out the remote and it worked immediately. Boys love the disco lights. Controller is a tad twitchy. Will get the wifi for it happening at some point. Maybe they can have some disco swimming over the weekend or early next week.

Certainly feel things are working out finally. It’s been a very frustrating week or two.

8f0dba6ad47798e7580743b632e1db7c.jpg
6d21e371ab9d8e6dd4cf7a8fa1e9e9d2.jpg

Oh and hubby’s dodgy plumbing was fixed yesterday. See the little pipe? That is our overflow and is now plumbed properly to the pit. The plumber also concreted the bottom of the pit too to avoid mozzie plagues. He said the rest of hubby’s work looked good. Glad I had photos so I could show him the work hubby did under the concrete. Thank goodness the problem wasn’t there!
2a918d3847d1f91dfd42cd41a1e7b593.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.