New Build Urban Arkansas Pool

CYA I would call 40 to stay on the safe side. Does the FC as such.

PH-It is trending to pink so I think you are right. It is hard with computer screens being so different. I would push it back down some.

Kim:kim:

Thanks!

So I need to modify FC and PH.
10% bleach for raising FC.
Muratic acid for lowering PH.
Will use Pool Math for amounts.

Can I do both of these at the same time?

For these two you need to wait about 15 mins between additions. Make sure the pump is on (high if you have it). Everything else can be done one right after another.

VERY good question!

Thank you again for the advice. I'm getting there slowly.

Tonight I'll add one wait abit and add the other. Then test in the morning. The pump always runs on high until the PB comes back to add other schedules. Then I use the clean mode which is higher speed while cleaning maybe I'll do that after adding chemicals.

I always wait at least a half hour when doing bleach and MA, plus I run all water features to mix well. Im cautious :)

We had some crazy amounts of rain yesterday with flood warnings in our county. The pool is pretty full. I read about rain water effect on pool water. Then decided to ignore it and continue testing. lol.....

I tried using the additional taylor chlorine test and I screwed up twice. I'll watch a video and try again tomorrow morning.

This mornings test.
Maybe
FC 4
TC 4
PH 7.3
TA 90
CYA 40 ***** Pool builder wants to see it up to 80

Actual results.
FC 3-6 ?
AZpM1rtG4yp3ZQrxWdLJ7OnhSl-Z1wsJXGjBmZzKMihrCuwlnhvL5XwC96Af8v5uXLiEeHX-19EPG235o1OldrCmKHX4MhuwPVsBUAQj3T5EA_AlLXuiFRObaurzGugZdcXsa7Btd02dtEwOoA9gF6dFRzBFDGuTYQT8kUK0Hsq9XjNGmsSuUS1OGFtMpB4tebZHUvzEQpiw9qVnuG72zy0avhof5RlWnUJEYaU_2e4P28Ih7nGquD7LOuApXhsF3bJVDkYrY_vw3-PduWcM-FbcbTHbC8Ly6DvxL2uHTd46OJv27AFqcuaVJ8BWTjPXB6ZgArkch-ylw9Zjmf9KgJMI7nJPFHIGFFt895z93EdAft4DGruRJ5x6so_QyIqWyEnuMf-8aHL15gZ7TmhS6RIMx5iLVLUwN39ZSqGEXTdl0l2Z4JNhmDs5cRiuKKkoaXnJknWz7ce37KXlrh6AQl_2RlV5WGjojlneN8wgMPO-9jra_JbUXdJ5VeUF1XZIWURtGsNP6CZrEM3iktWdRxxH_jdTSgCoC4-rToRAWXVLGTijpBFjhycUksiFIR7HHN3ug7gfwjnyvLwigCsLp-Nh03EVyp-A_7Rx3O-fuNyb7dKndaOATKJoGIzEQdWPQUC02cVEXvX9a36Mwx4Ze_yn6vY6saeVKQ=w1636-h2181-no

TC 3-6 ?
V8HfVfKC1I3Wxi3obV4cFHXGpAwz_RVrJjH9wwea0OfZaeutrgpSTKkj-E8GZUDO9RtCpYn5yDso5wQ-2TIYMrjGXXA0BDeDbYhQjzlGFLrUyozwU_cA8eujuag8P4pw55QWc-R_3wJIFttC2rgffXRjC97iqlBNQxjfph7l3Ci7aCKIQ43xNlvw7PH8zvcMS6I_xrQAxG0p2WBZne0amUTxzGGLMKw0NNJBmT6hGkv5PLPgVEvAGFTYci7MsNUwG9M9jTKY5oI1URTsMkTBhVsyMfVDYonfvRu8VGN5bOnA6RW2ypJAKSg3Om1I78yMCKn5I5T0YBury2WbAgQP0_19tsbANrCNmt4wNKHtLCayLsHSsRKAkaDxo0FPTJ9-2YXwvJRWu024USENkLA3FfreiKBmdcapECYuTTBzeQ4MqjGwtz8vZaVHzKPaxhB1nZoIsk9HF9pxUCct75vWra6AUe-abkQZtD8GoifWBFWvhKWb8g8sZjkpwH6eFOI7tumyXonkvlpJLWILT09RfUv0VfqMiH5e3pZiiu2avxcRxJDgNUWdL-vwR5JYtZT7fp92TQLEjW4tCYNP0E0mr69k2S10He4Ojqk5cbCBcBwMBP7rR3UnoHVbof-oZc5CBkIBKnRF9rJci8I64G8xENTrmir7uIdy-g=s2181-no

PH 7.3
6Gbh4oHFQtN0OsppX685dJNKODorDRBQZR-4ac6noC5npIQyur8y7IoIeWN6iMzg4rGpM1fXgPYRGznL9kz2wBc79pFbB8S4GFabIaf3CBS0PJNfFZft7ij8DfYBGt7GZbipclkWal0_eQgVdTLpQO8X5gO0WVwSniNWSVCW1o_71n2lsVyrWC3Rvx_sPjGnJzFXg5rS9-wS9vY2-NzD7rpPwigvbN1kuusQwtMdUiiFitYUcqSF-vSbOfsk28KVvs0LZ_1ohEKHsC_LFd5A8Md-JQcKVNdwIiZyes0En7IEpvoHJdZpBhWFIW6UwYTEZqBxrb2mZrlGcK4rdJR3NJJmjxGLVBGNx0c1-F3UeNR6xKdGs6dUKg-251hSCIKF9v1Sakori8LO7aBQJb7TGOK29ELi0sU15lqb9H-mhK8Tm4Mp9Nic5wcWgKf_abl9DKcY2eSYKy0E4V4b6AvZaJe0xj8MaGHhyn4mKdw-lqXyaAwgXzF5_UQRRGWbYnCXnCX1NWeqRqONBzOg7tF-QejNGve3G4LEiNhe1H0jyGNZ3lOAO7vW_GtFejDnbRZTfTWHrGjVVfHIRBlMUGg03ZEz_F5x0rUJomLalLo4Uw_1hXs5wjvZMYbTnjWlhGyqXZA8p5XbumvtIXBMV9HAOtauLvCicZunog=w1670-h2226-no

Rain for me does two things...........adds water to the pool and pushes the PH up if it is a good, hard rain. With your test kit and knowledge it is not big deal!!!

That FC drop test= meh...........Yea I guess there is some FC in the pool........that is about all it is good for. The powder test is MUCH more accurate. Stick with it.

Rain for me does two things...........adds water to the pool and pushes the PH up if it is a good, hard rain. With your test kit and knowledge it is not big deal!!!

That FC drop test= meh...........Yea I guess there is some FC in the pool........that is about all it is good for. The powder test is MUCH more accurate. Stick with it.

I did not give up on the powder test I just mucked it up lol....

What do you think about PB wanting me to bring CYA from 40 to 80?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would be happy to bring it up a little but I would not go up to 80 right now. Maybe 60 to 70. Do it yourself and do it very slowly. I’ve heard it takes several days to a week to fully dissolve. We are seriously at the same banging our head against the wall stage. I have found this part of the build by far the most stressful. I’ve only been using the test kit for a few days and now find them fairly easy. It won’t take you long either.

Liz nailed the CYA answer. Does he say WHY he wants it up? That is the level we would use for a SWG pool and I do not see one in your siggy.

Keep logging your levels. If you start seeing the FC having a hard time staying above the min. level the bring the CYA up 10 and see how it does there.

Ok I'll stick with recommended CYA levels.

Onto another question. The PB just put the pump on high from 8am till 11pm. The pump is an intelliflow variable speed pump. The pool is approximately 15,500 gallons. Do I need to run on high? Can I step it down? What rpm or gpm should I run. Guess I should start looking for a calculator for it.... Thanks

I don't run mine on high unless I am adding chemicals (you don't have to then but it makes me happy so I do). Here is a link to help you dial in the pump run. I would run it enough to keep your pool clean. It may take some tweaking to see what YOUR pool needs.

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Thanks... I guess I'll build some schedules and try a few speeds to see what works best.

It was a holiday weekend and I've lived in the pool since Friday 3pm lol..... Interesting to see how the pool faired with such a high bather load.

Oh yeah I redid the time lapse. This one is much more detailed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svw8-8t2GRY

Thanks again for all the advice.

Love the time lapse! Makes it all look so quick and easy [emoji23] The best bit is definitely the end where it fills up and you’re swimming. It looks amazing! Well done and take a deep breath. I am still trying to work out my run times and swg settings. I think this is just the fiddly and time consuming part but once we get to know our pool and water things should be much easier.

Love the time lapse! Makes it all look so quick and easy [emoji23] The best bit is definitely the end where it fills up and you’re swimming. It looks amazing! Well done and take a deep breath. I am still trying to work out my run times and swg settings. I think this is just the fiddly and time consuming part but once we get to know our pool and water things should be much easier.

Thanks this time laps has twice as much footage as the first one. I made it as a thank you to the PB.

The water chemistry is getting there. I've errd on the side of caution and run the pump 8am to 11pm. The pool stays clean lol... I might change it up abit.

I know people poo poo ozone but after talking to the vendor he says recommended levels of tfp are excellent but keep available chlorine down to .5 to 2 ppm. When it gets hot go to 3ppm. The pool has stayed clean and sparkly in this range so so far so good. It is an experiment. If it doesn't work I'll rip it out ozone and resign it as a failure.

I will be following along to see what you find out in the real work with the ozone. This will be something we can trust as it will be someone without anything to gain from it! THANKS!

I'm trying to get better at keeping good data. Work in progress.

Pool math gives exact measurements for adding chemicals. I need to get some measuring containers. I should probably use glass for muratic acid? I'll go to lowes after work to see what I can find. The pool keeps looking better and clarity is getting better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.