Construction starting late March-Columbus, OH

RanRego

Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Canal Winchester, OH
Hello all! I've enjoyed lurking here since we decided to "take the plunge." Plans are not anywhere near final, but it looks like construction may start late March. I'd love to hear some input based on your collective experiences on topics like pool covers, cleaners, and other equipment that we may need for our climate.
Thanks in advance!
Randy

Randy,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your new pool questions... no matter what "Canal" you live on... :shark:

I am a highly biased Robot Pool Cleaner kind of guy. Water powered cleaners require you to run your pool pump, and sometimes two pumps, just to clean your pool. A Robot cleaner just needs an electrical outlet, and they do a much better job.

Equipment wise, I would suggest a Variable speed or at least a 2-speed pump.. I would never install a single speed pump on a new pool...

Now is the time to start thinking about how you plan to chlorinate your pool... There are four ways to chlorinate a pool...

1. Use chlorinated 3" pucks... We do not recommend them for long term use.. Most of our members found this site while fighting green pools caused by continual puck use..

2. Manually add Liquid Chlorine or plain Bleach on a regular basis. Usually daily or every other day.

3. Use a Stenner pump to automatically add Liquid Chlorine or bleach.

4. Use a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG) to convert the salt in your pool into chlorine.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.