Switching from tabs to SWG

Reed Kadavy

Silver Supporter
Nov 22, 2015
Gilbert AZ
I am contemplating switching from chlorine tabs and a 240 CYA number (I need to drain the entire 13,500 gal) to SWG. I currently have an Pentair Easy Touch 8 panel vintage 2006. What would be needed in the way of new equipment besides the SWG to make the change? Would it be best to stay with Pentair or go a different route? I did have an issue in operating an AmeriBrite color light that was recently installed with my older panel and I'm not sure if I would have a similar problem with the Intellichlor.

Reed,

You would need the salt cell (Intellichlor) and the associated external power supply.

See this link... Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 Salt System Complete | Pentair 520556, 520555

I picked the IC40, which is rated for a 40K pool, but in reality is only good for a 20K pool. We always recommend that you buy a cell rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool.

I would also recommend getting ScreenLogc2 which will allow you to control the SWCG and the IntelliFlo using your PC, Tablet, or phone. It also makes programming and scheduling about 10 x easier than using the little 3" display.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.