Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Good Afternoon,

Last night I fired up my spa which is heated by a MasterTemp 400. It heated up to 95 degrees but would not heat up past that point. I even adjusted my Easytouch remote up to the max 104 agrees and water temp would never get past 95 degrees. Any troubleshooting suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank You

Karl

Karl,

The EasyTouch just tells the heater to come on and go off... So, as Brian points out, unless the heater is set to max temperature, it will never get hot.

The EasyTouch just senses the temperature of the water and as long as it is less then the temperature you say you want, it turns the heater on. When the temperature of the water get up to the temperature you want, it turns the heater off.

The EasyTouch does actually control the temperature of the heater itself. If you set the Heater to max heat, and set the EasyTouch to 100 degrees... When the water gets to 100 degrees, the EasyTouch will turn the heater off..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Karl,

The EasyTouch just tells the heater to come on and go off... So, as Brian points out, unless the heater is set to max temperature, it will never get hot.

The EasyTouch just senses the temperature of the water and as long as it is less then the temperature you say you want, it turns the heater on. When the temperature of the water get up to the temperature you want, it turns the heater off.

The EasyTouch does actually control the temperature of the heater itself. If you set the Heater to max heat, and set the EasyTouch to 100 degrees... When the water gets to 100 degrees, the EasyTouch will turn the heater off..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Much more eloquently said...

I apologize for not getting back sooner, its been a busy holiday season for me. I went ahead and adjusted the temp setting to 104 and then ran into a red HLS error light on the control board along with a red LED 11 light on the control board. I ended up changing the high limit switch and I am still encountering the same HLS and LED 11 being lit. The heater remains on for a minute or so and then cycles off. The heater continues cycling like this while I have it in spa heat mode. I have inspected all connections and wires in the unit and they are firmly connected and look OK. I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer right now. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip Paul :salut: ... the Thermal Regulator was the offending part. After replacing the Thermal Regulator, I went ahead and also replaced the Thermistor as well. Since I have a SWG system, I figured better safe than sorry; especially after seeing the corrosion on the Thermal Regulator.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.