Riverside, CA - Backyard Overhaul

I just checked out the Merlex website...nice materials to work with.

What’s your “go-to” color? I like the French Toast....

Those are their actual stucco colors. LaHabra Stucco is a couple miles down the street and Silverado is my choice. Omega Stucco is in Corona so they get my business out that way...

I'm actually more particular in the texture of the finish than the color. I'll take smooth Santa Barbara stucco any day but If its my choice to make - 100% stone!

images.jpg

Yeah, my exterior is the basic rough aggregate finish (feels like a cheese grater when you run your hand over it). I would have preferred smoother stucco texture. But, as my kid’s kindergarten teacher is fond of saying, “You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit!

There’s always paint....

I finally got the plans back from the engineer and then had to fight with the city to get it approved... All this for a silly fireplace.

I had to special order some hardware that the engineer spec'd and it should be here by the end of the week. This request by the inspector has cost me over 3 weeks in delays :brickwall:

We've also gotten hit with some rain and that's not helping anything either....

At least there's light

IMG_20180227_183308170.jpg

IMG_20180227_183240645.jpg

:cool: You are going to need these with those lights! Is there a dimmer on them?

The bad part is you TOLD the eng. it would be a problem!!!! If he has listened at the start I would not have gone this long without a dose of B's pretty build!

Kim:kim:

NORMAN!!! Bet he helps you eat your lunch also! So cute!

That patio cover looks awesome and the "fixed" are where the door and patio used to be looks like it was never there. The ceiling and it's detail look so classic and well done!

The magical fix---------where is it in the grand scheme of things and what does it "do"?

The hardware sits on top of the large beam and secured to internal ledger for the rafters that die into the face of the fireplace.

Honestly I think they just threw these in on the plan to make it seem as if they had to do something. If something were to go wrong it would take an impact strong enough to bend a 5' section of a 6x12... Short of an airplane crashing into the pergola, I just don't see it happening.

IMG_20180305_134400212.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, there is photographic evidence of you climbing on top of your pergola and jumping in the pool....so you never can really know what might happen....

Major progress!! Matt, I can see it now...........B will have trucks lined up end to end down the street as far as the eye can see................

B, will you do the finish work on the concrete? Will you do it in sections or will it be like said to Matt? Truck after truck?

How many concrete trucks are coming to fill that area up?

It's looking like 60 yards so probably around 7 trucks

- - - Updated - - -

Major progress!! Matt, I can see it now...........B will have trucks lined up end to end down the street as far as the eye can see................

B, will you do the finish work on the concrete? Will you do it in sections or will it be like said to Matt? Truck after truck?

Blow that sucker out in one day. It will get pumped in and finished. It's about 4500 sq ft

Yeah, when we had our skimpy little 900sq ft deck poured I was like, “Concrete costs that much :shock: !!??” But I quickly realized that that is what I was paying per yard not what my PB was paying per yard.

Good to be high up in the ranks especially if he has anything to do with approving the annual contracts.....”Oh, you want us to use your cement company again?? Well, there’s a little patch of dirt in my backyard that would look real nice with a deck on it :deal:

Yeah, when we had our skimpy little 900sq ft deck poured I was like, “Concrete costs that much :shock: !!??” But I quickly realized that that is what I was paying per yard not what my PB was paying per yard.

Good to be high up in the ranks especially if he has anything to do with approving the annual contracts.....”Oh, you want us to use your cement company again?? Well, there’s a little patch of dirt in my backyard that would look real nice with a deck on it :deal:

It's really interesting to talk with this guy since everything is on such a large scale. He said the most frustrating thing is to lose a bid on a $25M project by $5k :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.