New Imagine Pools Freedom in South Louisiana

ccasanova

Silver Supporter
Oct 16, 2017
Franklinton, LA
I've been lurking here for several months, gleaning as much information as possible. Planning to go the TFP route, as I've seen my FIL go through all kinds of hassles with his methods. PB is to begin digging next week. Planned specs are in my signature. Wife is really wanting to add a heat pump/chiller to the install to be able to get some use this year and extend future seasons. We may swap to a full Jandy system as well; nothing like last minute changes. I will try to update this thread with pics as we proceed. All input is welcome.

Hi! I looked up that pool. LOVE it! Should be fun to have!

If you have been lurking then you know the ground prep is of the utmost importance for you pool build. Look over their shoulder and speak up if you see something or have a concern. Better say something and not need to than............have to take it back out and start over.

How do they do the splash pad?

Is that pump one or two speed? You NEED a two speed for power savings. I only use the high speed when I vacuum my pool.

I would love to see where this pool is going!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim!

The splash pad and pool are attached to each other at the factory. It will be interesting to see how they dig and set it. I can't recall about the pump, but will check. This PB installed a small freeform fiberglass pool for my inlaws a few years ago and they have been very pleased. There is a significant grade in the back yard with ~24" of fall from the splash pad end of the pool to the far end. We're planning on a retaining wall to match the 2 walls we currently have. I'll try to get some pics this afternoon.

With a SWCG and Easytouch I would highly recommend an Intelliflo pump. It is variable speed and works seemlessly with the other two products. It will allow you to dial down your pump flow rate to what the SWCG needs to generate chlorine.

If not the VS, definitely a two- speed pump.

Take care.

I resized pics, but it would only let me post 1.

PB and I had discussed VS pumps previously but it's been a while. We plan to keep the pool open year round, since we have moderate cold and very few freezing days. The 3050vs coupled with the automation seems like a solid choice, correct? Any reason to add additional features or look at another model? There are 2 skimmers and 6 returns planned.

Looking for a 8 mil solar panel now.

Ordered a water test kit from 'clean water store'. PB will supply a Taylor kit.

Ordered a water test kit from 'clean water store'. PB will supply a Taylor kit.

Not likely that either of those test kits will suffice. See Pool School - Test Kits Compared

You most likely will need to buy a FAS-DPD test and additional CYA reagents.

Take care.

To add more pics you can put the pics on the TFP server by becoming a TFP support as seen in this link:

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

It gets you a discount on testing stuff, more photo storage, and helps us keep the lights on.

Ask you PB which Taylor kit. I bet he will say the 2005. The one we like is the 2006 as it has the powder test for FC (free chlorine). It tests higher and is more accurate.

What test kit did you order from "clean water store"?

You can also put your pics on a outside pic hoster like fliker but we have found they are heading towards charging for it. Photo Bucket is already there :(

That is a pretty yard you have there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IMG_5510.jpg

The yard slopes ~24" from existing patio to end of pool and we're planning to something like this with cantilever concrete coping and concrete deck; stone to match the existing walls in the yard. Wife wants at least 3' walkway around pool, I think narrower would accentuate the length and balance out the large deck on the opposite side. Thoughts?

Alternatively, we could dig out the patio end and have 1-2 steps down to that level around the pool with an elevated deck near current ground level. We're concerned with safety with the steps.

Imagine walking around the pool getting leaves with a net or brushing the pool. Is the walkway wide enough? You do not want to fall in the pool or off the walkway ----

Take care.

Let the MUD or DIRT begin! That is some nice digging there. Your person has some skills!

What do the kids think of it so far? Have they had fun climbing the dirt pile?? LOL

How deep is the splash pad going to be? Right now it does not look like it will have much water in it once the steel goes in.

PB says splash pad will be 4-6” deep depending on how we prefer it. He puts his skimmers as high as possible.

Its a challenge to keep kids out of the pit! Church last night, so no mountain climbing, but tonight will be a free for all I’m sure.

Looking for confirmation/suggestions on equipment and automation. Planned specs in signature, but some things will change. Intelliflo 3050vs pump? Heat/Cool Pump or HP/Chiller recommendation? Plan to add ScreenLogic. Other thoughts, input, questions to ask?

Trying to decide on Jandy vs Pentair for equipment and automation, as well as how much automation I really “need”.

Do i “need” a VSP pump or will 2 speed be ok? 3 Jandy bubblers and 3 spa jets on the bench seat are the only water features and dont need to run at the same time.

I’m ok with ET 4/8 (even though it’s old school tech) unless someone convinces me to upgrade to SL or Jandy Aqualink now. With Pentair set to release intellicenter at some point, I’m hesitant about SL. Hopefully the new system would be somewhat compatible with ET down the road.

Thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.