Simple SoCal Build

nefarious

Silver Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
San Diego
So excited to break ground today and already dreaming of soaking in the spa. Nothing to crazy or extravagant but the wall up to the pedestal/flowers already exists in the yard. I did setup the GoPro to capture a timelapse of the build.

Pool1.jpg

Finally getting back to this thread. Our equipment list is as follows:

EasyTouch Controls
Clean & Clear Plus 420 filter
MasterTemp 400 Heater
IntelliFlow VSF
Intellichlor IC20
3 GloBrite LEDs (2xpool, 1xSpa)

I also had them stub for future MagicStream Laminar with dedicated pump/filter installation.

This is moving quickly. Electrician is onsite today, inspection is Friday and shotcrete next week. More pics to come once I find a place to host them.

You don't mention any sizes -- be sure the Intellichlor is rated for at least 2X your actual pool volume.

Take care.

Progress pics:

34b088df12e36fbc1ab7fca860c88c02.jpg

e6adffd338550b11c53a77a61630d766.jpg

502c45aaa0b5ea8e2ed25bad25d9a58a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good progress! You have a hole in the ground with steel in it! SWEET!

Have you measured it? Add about 6" for gunite and plaster. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? Now is the time to change, tweak, fix if needed or wanted.

Kim:kim:

Good progress! You have a hole in the ground with steel in it! SWEET!

Have you measured it? Add about 6" for gunite and plaster. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? Now is the time to change, tweak, fix if needed or wanted.

Kim:kim:

We did. I also made sure to be present during layout at which point we tweaked the size/design a little.

As for ic20 vs ic40: I think it’s to late as equipment has been set & plumbed.

Well, two weeks have passed and the only work that's occured was the 4 hours it took the electrician to run all the conduit and mount the control panel. Shotcrete was supposed to happen last week but our inspector neglected to show to two scheduled inspections. Once he did finally show up he gave us a violation notice because he didn't like the way the dirt from the trenches was piled. More than a little frustrated as if he had just inspected and signed off on the work then the trenches would be filled in and his issues with the pile of dirt in my backyard would have been resolved. [/rant]

Anyway, inspection was signed off this morning and shotcrete is confirmed for Wed.

One bit of good news is that after receiving numerous bids from concrete contractors we decided to use the same contractor that's pouring the pool & spa coping. This is good news because since he's already on site for the coping, all the flatwork will be done at the same time rather than having to wait until the pool contractor was complete to bring in another contractor. On top of this, they primarily do commercial work so I've seen their work in person before and it's top notch.

Here's the only new picture I have.
neizrNK1LbTJT_zLLjxYlfCwCI7JyUycTAFX09I3dJ0gYVFe-c8nxaj25LEkyOKi_pbck8PPxCWzv5i-qYGMj-WeA9mVfAlXTpqj1a2uUIhkuik3_yuzjoV-cMJb8qGoye-dDpDrLM9MhPnwjNnibMuVu8sc6YfXbCyMJZEgPbEIJU17RPLasWy-dXNxum6HkGWF9vDFCClQo29PzWzMuMVyVYtsGRV7o4vd_29lZ7WeGYpoKaO_2rGX1Y4f9y2j6TngGvHpuveIMW6BYrK9mBhku2hH4pssrRhU-1G17tcqSe_UdFcdvG-U3qGtjTQf5iTY8YWAU9tWN42NoT7BohfiuAMxv0kfOIxFLir0jU3iUTttKlLp_sPeCC0sl0dxFGnT_DIE5bv5R6vKrEEHbtukNVwm5-32k6P0J14u_M52jjN7imtvfgwNnnI3moc-NkcnYNLjI2FYw0XzAZIyljku_qwT5tmE9qK11UQBJyswA6CaXUswIhrh7-YUknLUKVuNG13Lv2ZijPPBAcCHfZ0vFinCuagEs5VEyUoUDwTiCot_F2KkReFVGkinGyEPPMB3iJVlxy0xtmeuDROL191J4ngedXI9tpX8Cxr2rBepRRpCbMKQ3V8joZm9ccqZ2EkfCJzY337Xsgqwxi2DS3pNwQ3h3gBZOWQ=w981-h1307-no

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.