Simple SoCal Build

NICE! Does it feel real? It is now time for your own set of links! It is a lot of info so take it slow and it will all sink in as you use it!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Also ask your PB what test kit he will provide and let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

I was starting to wonder when I would get my very own set of links.

Yes, it's finally starting to feel real.
- Electrician was onsite yesterday and made all the connections.
- Grading for the deck is 80% complete and the cantilever is being poured tomorrow.

As for the test kit, I went ahead and picked up the TF-100 and I've already DL'd the poolmath app. I've even gone so far as to test my tap water for CH as I was afraid it might be too high to start with.

Sorry they were kind of late.....hubby had total knee replacement so I have not have computer access and have not figured out how to copy and paste on my tablet.

Have you been bonding with your pool aka watering it. It helps it cure. When you get tired of doing it by hand you can use a sprinkler.

Yup, I’m done watering.

Coping was poured today. Bonding inspection & tile on Monday. Deck is being poured Tuesday. Exciting stuff and getting sooo close!

5eba8edda3be67c6a6b5118ba18b2922.jpg

Love, love, love how they did the tile on the outside of the spa! What a nice detail to turn them like that. It really makes them pop!

That seating area! WOW! Looks so comfy!

Might want to wait until you water gets a bit deeper before you suit up and jump in LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WATER?? Is that water I see going in??????? SWEET!

Okay here is the thing to know for now..............do NOT turn off the water until it is half way up the waterline tile. You risk causing a ring around the pool that is next to impossible to remove. You can remove a hose if you have two going or you can slow down the flow if you only have one hose going to keep you from having to get up in the middle of the night to make sure it does not overflow.

Also know the water may have a slight green tint to it at first. The finial color will come through as you brush the plaster and as the water gets balanced. It might take a month or so to see the finial color.

Cutting your cover-are you talking about what to cut it with or how to measure it to make sure you do not cut it wrong?

Look at that pretty pool! Those bubbles in the spa look so inviting! Too bad you can't heat it up yet to jump in and enjoy.

-cutting the cover. I would not worry about the fact you have the "walls". They will not impact the cover. Just use the water line tiles as your guide as what you are trying to do with your cover is cover the water to help keep the heat in. Does that help?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.