Winter cover questions

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
Sadly, even though it's 85 today here in NW Pa, next weekend has highs in the 60s, and I know that it's time to start thinking about shutting off my heater, and closing the pool. I don't have a winter cover, the previous owners of the pool had one but in the spring it was pretty well trashed. I was looking at inyo. Is the 20 year cover worth the extra money over the 15? Do I need a pillow? Do I need any other accessories? Will the cover come with the cable and tightener to install it? How many weights should I have on hand?

Also have a question about the skimmer. In the big box of pool stuff I inherited with the pool was a device that you screw into the bottom of the skimmer to absorb the expansion of the ice freezing to keep the skimmer from cracking. What is the purpose of this device if I'm draining the pool to 6 inches below the skimmer/eyeballs?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.