Raypak heat pump(8350TI) showing 58 degrees when it is 85 degrees in pool?

Nov 12, 2009
Tulsa,OK
My raypak 6350TI heat pump just started showing that the water temp is 58 degrees, when it has been set to 85 all summer. I installed it in May and have had no problems until now. I shut the breaker off for about 10 minutes, but it goes right back to reading 58 degrees when powered back on. The water is definitely 85 degrees, according to several thermometers and me swimming in it.

Wondering if there is something else I can reset, or if the temp probes can go bad on these that quick. Any help is appreciated.

Solved: I contacted Raypak and they sent me instructions for reprogramming the main digital board, included in the main board replacement kit.
I did this and it is working again, showing 86°.

Though I cannot find this information mentioned anywhere online, including Raypaks website.

I just had to do this again today. Pool has been open 3 weeks with the heater set at 85 running great. Checked it today and it was reading 56. I dug up the Raypak email from last year and reprogrammed it and it's working fine again. Is this very uncommon?
Here are the instructions in case anyone else has this problem.

SETTING THE PROGRAM FOR DIGITAL BOARD
HEAT ONLY UNITS [MODELS: 2350, 3350, 5350, 6350 & 8360]
Power supply needs to be POWER DOWN and POWER ON to do the programming.
Press and hold the SET on the touch pad. DEL will be display, release the SET pad.
This must be done within 10 sec. when power is turn on.
Press the SET [1 time] until SPA reads on the display. Release the SET pad and press the ▲ to YES
Press SET [1 time] until FIL reads on the display. Release the SET pad and press the▼to NO
Press SET [6 times] until DEF reads on the display. Release the SET pad and press the ▲or▼ to read 24
Press SET [1 time] until dbd reads on the display. Release the SET pad and press the ▲or▼ to read 10.0
Press SET [10 times] until SEn reads on the display. Release the SET pad and press ▲or▼ to 10
(10 for the 10K sensor only. Change to 5 for the 5K sensor)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.