Solaxx Satron Mini Portable SWG for spas

Maddie,

I have one... Which cord?

The cord between the cell and the power supply is about 12' long.

The AC power cord is between 6' and 8' long.. I can't tell for sure because it is all tie-wrapped into place.

Works great for me... The only negative that I see is pretty minor. When you set the number of hours to run, it starts right then. It has no clock. So if you want it to run from 12 at night for 6 hours, you have to start it at 12 at night.

I can't see how you could go wrong for less than $200 bucks...

Don't know about longevity as I have only had it a couple of months.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Isaac-1 and a few other folks have had them and all were happy with them. I've been debating it for a while too. Like 3 years. :) I would have to o stall an outlet for it, that is my main hang up. No 110v close enough. Apparently it is easier for me to add bleach hundreds of times a year than it is to install an outlet. :-D

Isaac-1 and a few other folks have had them and all were happy with them. I've been debating it for a while too. Like 3 years. :) I would have to o stall an outlet for it, that is my main hang up. No 110v close enough. Apparently it is easier for me to add bleach hundreds of times a year than it is to install an outlet. :-D

THAT is exactly our dilemma!! Why would the cord only be 6 feet from the outlet to the control box!??! And then 12' from the control box (mounted *on* the spa no less!) to the water over the edge of the spa!?! That's like... 2 feet or so max!

If the cords were reversed we'd be all set. Grrrrrrrrrrr! I thought the lady on the phone from Saltran was surely mistaken and had the cord lengths mixed up... :(

Maddie :flower:

Maddie,

There is no reason to mount the control on the spa.. If you mounted the control 6' from the outlet, would the 12' cell cord get you into the water?

Below is my set up with the blue box the cell controller, which is plugged into an outlet on the side of my EasyTouch...

dbtgallery.php

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.