New from Silicon Valley

Dodger

Silver Supporter
Sep 17, 2017
Silicon Valley, CA
Finally decided to join the site, after lurking and learning a ton in the last 3 months. Have lived with this pool for 3 years, but re-tile and re-plaster were finished in June 2017, so I'm treating it like a new baby. I'm testing every day and trying to follow the TFP methods (mainly ignoring Phosphates and having different targets for SWG pool.)

Finally decided to join the site, after lurking and learning a ton in the last 3 months. Have lived with this pool for 3 years, but re-tile and re-plaster were finished in June 2017, so I'm treating it like a new baby. I'm testing every day and trying to follow the TFP methods (mainly ignoring Phosphates and having different targets for SWG pool.)

Welcome aboard :wave:

Phosphates are algae nutrients and they can be ignored if you intend to maintain TFP recommended FC/CYA ratios. You only really need to treat for phosphates if (A) you or your water utility are not intentionally adding them in (metal sequestrants) AND (B) if your trying to reduce the likelihood of an algae bloom when either intentionally or unintentionally running at low FC levels. Most people choose to ignore them and that's perfectly acceptable.

Do you have any before and after pictures you can post? Most folks around here like to see what others have done with pool remodels.

Here are Before and After. The Before is not trying to look pretty - taken during the winter and I was not babying the pool in any way. You can see one reason for "remodel" with the bulging tile on the spillover wall.The After shot speaks for itself. I sort of think we didn't "re"model, as we replaced the old tile with the same 3x3 tile. We did add some glass tiles in the 1x1 locations and the bar and also changed the top of the stools. Finally, we upgraded from the old colored plaster to Tahoe Blue Quartzscape.