Redington Beach, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi TFPers! Got here by way of Reddit and as you may be able to tell by my insta-support for TFP, I'm jumping in with both feet! I greatly appreciate what I've learned in the intro articles and videos already. We bought our Redington Beach, FL house back in 2013 and have been using a pool guy since but have decided to take the reins. Just ordered a TF-Pro kit and look forward to learning just what we're getting into!

Among other things out back, we just redid our circa 1992 in-ground pool with StoneScape mini pebble surfacing. We also installed an IntelliFlo VSF Pump with the ScreenLogic automation, and less than a year ago installed a Hayward SWG (should have done that a long time ago). Also have a Polaris EPIC 8642IQ that I absolutely love!

Anyway, our contractor's pool equipment install guy (who is also a local pool guy) was servicing the pool for 30 days post install and just finished up with that. Amazingly, only a few days later we're seeing algae in the tile grout lines (though the water itself still LOOKS perfect for whatever that's worth). I was ready to ramp up the SWG and the Dang thing won't power on (tried all breakers etc.), so said pool guy is going to come out and take a look this week (he disconnected everything pre-project and installed the new equipment). That puts us in liquid chlorine/bleach limbo I guess.

Before(ish) and after photos attached. Not the most stylistic but you get the idea! The bump is a sheer descent water feature. Trying to figure out how many gallons we have, which is a bit tricky with that shape!

On top of all this, we're getting a Catalina spa delivered in a few weeks, which I'll also obviously be learning how to take care of.

Looking forward to learning more here, and hopefully tackling this beast!

Attachments

• Pool - before.jpg
    Pool - before.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Pool - after.jpg
    Pool - after.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Pool - after - night.jpg
    Pool - after - night.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: