New Build In Sanger, TX

More work. PB says they will be out early next week to lay out the cabana. They need to know where everything will go so they can run the power and electrical to where the pool equipment will be located on the cabana foundation. Once the plumbers and electricians are done, we are ready for decking.

One of our pups cant wait till all of this is done.
2017-10-12_18-23-56_533.jpg

2017-10-13_10-46-33_061.jpg

The builder had the spillway edge done straight because he said you get better water flow that way. I'm not sure I like it with all the other "natural" edges. If I leave it, I told him they need to fix where you can see the saw cuts.
2017-10-12_18-01-50_7012.jpg

More work. PB says they will be out early next week to lay out the cabana. They need to know where everything will go so they can run the power and electrical to where the pool equipment will be located on the cabana foundation. Once the plumbers and electricians are done, we are ready for decking.

One of our pups cant wait till all of this is done.
View attachment 69915

View attachment 69916

The builder had the spillway edge done straight because he said you get better water flow that way. I'm not sure I like it with all the other "natural" edges. If I leave it, I told him they need to fix where you can see the saw cuts.
View attachment 69918

looks awesome man! ya fixing that edge will easy. quick chisel work and done. i can't believe that they left it that way even. seems like a no brainer. lol

looks really good though.

Not much progress over the last couple weeks. They did come out and form the cabana so the plumbers know where the run their pipes. They ended up running them out of the way of the deck area so hopefully we will have decking and a cabana foundation next week. They sure do take up some real estate with running those pipes flat like that. I'm planning some posts for a small fence near the equipment. I may have to claim some space or I will never get a post in the ground.

2017-10-25_18-50-56_425.jpg

One thing I don't understand. I was very clear in the fact that I didn't want the auto fill attached to my hose bib. I actually have a dedicated sprinkler line in the area that I can use to tie the auto fill into that line. Instead they ran over to the bib. I asked the super if I could cut it and tie in and he said to wait until after the deck is poured. The connection would happen under the deck so that makes no sense. He says he will have them run it out from under the deck. Could they have some policy against tying into the sprinkler system?

2017-10-25_18-51-15_386.jpg

You might check your local codes on the autofill. Backflow prevention, etc might come into play.

Take care.

You might check your local codes on the autofill. Backflow prevention, etc might come into play.

Take care.

We are out in the sticks and not within city limits. There is no code associated with this in my area. The PB does a majority of their work in the DFW 'burbs and they mentioned that most municipalities will not allow the autofill to be tied into the sprinkler system.

I think they did it out of habit. They are so used to doing thing a certain way that when there are variations it throws them off. Mine put in a hose for manual fill even though we had auto fill. They ran a pip to my bib but like you I didn’t want that. They fixed everything and did it quickly. But it is just out of habit I think.

Got word that we have 17 guys in the yard cleaning up, digging drains & putting in sleeves, setting forms and laying rebar for our deck and foundation for the cabana. I had a hectic week getting walls identified for plumbing and sewer in the cabana. Also had to set a sleeve for Cat5 and coax. I'm really looking forward to having some concrete so they can get to work on the cabana.

Overhead 1.jpg

Plumbing 1.jpg

Plumbing 2.jpg

Plumbing 3.jpg

Everything is looking great! I'm sure getting the cabana foundation in will be a great step forward.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/53452-Pool-Build-Baltimore?p=1219652&viewfull=1#post1219652

Above is a link to the wall I built for the equipment to be mounted on. I wanted something more substantial/attractive than metal posts or a single 4x4. You mentioned putting in some posts near your equipment so I though I'd share what ours looks like. I've been quite pleased with the appearance and functionality.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the PB superintendent told me that the concrete guy informed him the actual layout is 200 sf larger than the design. The super is coming out to measure today to verify. If in fact it is 200 sf larger, what do you suppose they will try and do. Some of the area is not adjustable (meaning moving forms) as it is surrounded by a wall the PB laid out and installed.

I would suspect they will bill you for the extra sf of concrete. Not sure what the going rate is in your area. Ours are in the $5 per SF range.

So they can layout incorrectly and charge the customer for their mistake? If so, that seems like a good way to collect change orders.

Last I asked, they said their salt colored sf rate is $10.00. I added some color & salt to the cabana in lieu of me tiling it and they hit me for $3.50 sf. They said this was their cost which I beleive because I have the concrete guy doing some sidewalk work for me and he said if I wanted the sidewalk to be colored salt, it would add 3.5 to the 5.25 sf he quoted me.

Concrete is complete and the cabana guy came out yesterday to drop off materials and begin layout work. Apparently the concrete guys poured to the roof overhang instead of to the walls. This equals 35 more sf of cabana for us. The guy said he would be done Tuesday then the rest is masonry work. This is also when my work begins since I'm doing all the plumbing and electrical.

The salt in the deck really makes the concrete look like doodie. Especially since it rained a little. Do they come in and power wash the rock salt out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.