Jandy Color LED nicheless greenish/yellow color showing through.

SpringPool

Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2017
San Antonio TX
Not sure if the lights I have are defective or they reflect light through the green/yellow led butnim getting a flectuon of sorts on the bottom of the pool. Here are a few pictures it's mostly visibl with the lighter blues.

Has anyone experience anything like this? I need to talk with the PB but he hasn't used these lights a lot. I'm also going to send Jandy an email and maybe call but wanted to check here first.

Thanks

Erik

this is Caribbean

IMG_3594.jpg
Light in spa
IMG_3596.jpg
2nd pool light
IMG_3597.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Its a bit harder to see in these and is more of a band. It's almost like the green led isn't flush and is catching the other leds light.

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

Hi Erik. I have two of those in my pool, along with two of the full size LED lights. The nicheless ones do put off a small bit of yellowish/green light but it doesn't seem quite as noticeable as what's in your first few pictures and only shows very close to the light. I'll take another look tonight. In general, I like the light these put off, however, their longevity is questionable. In less than a year, I've had to replace both nicheless lights twice. There's been something wrong with the way they manufacture the blue LED, so all of the sudden your blues stop working look green instead. Jandy/Zodiac has been great and quickly get a company out to replace them, no questions asked. They have a three year warranty (because you have multiple Jandy components), so my hope is they figure out the problem soon and replace them again with ones that will last longer. Hopefully you won't have the same problem, but if you suddenly lose the blue color, don't sweat it. Call Jandy and they'll connect you with a local company and send someone out.

-Chad

Thanks Chad

i was surprised by the response time in their email. I had read a bit about issues but the technology can only improve. And having such a small foot print for a light is great.

I couldn't agree with you more. In hindsight, I'd probably have done all nicheless lights rather than 2 and 2. Not only do they look super streamlined and barely noticeable in the daytime, they cost less than the large lights so you can add more of them and better balance your source of light at night making the pool look more uniform. The drawback of having a combo of nicheless and niched lights is the two do not put off the same color light. It's not a major difference, but you can tell they are not the same despite being the same brand/manufacturer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.