SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400

I had foot surgery yesterday to remove a bunion. It's been long overdue. The surgeon had to remove my big toe n second toe and reattach them. Second toe was cut shorter. Im not allowed to swim or shower at all. All I remember is hearing the nurse say if it gets wet I'll have to deal with the Drs fury. So... I'm going to be good. Hoping i can get the pool covered in a timely manner this fall.

Granddaughter wont be excited to find out we are done swimming this summer too. I couldnt put it off any longer.

Yes. Ive prepared her for this the best I could. She knew I was going to get it done. That probably wont stop her from wanting to go swimming because she is 4 and she knows she usually gets what she wants from LaLa. :mrgreen: Mommy will have to find a way over to let her swim.

Thank you. Im gonna try n get back to work by the first of September on modified duty.

2 days post surgery n its rough. The numbing sensations have gone away and the pain has set in full throttle.

One day at a time. Thank you for the well wishes.

I had similar surgery last November (after closing the pool), had bunion removed, joint replaced, broken bone from my childhood some 50 years ago repaired (at the time I didn't tell my parents about it for 3 weeks. By then the doctor said it was already healing on it's own). Had the same restrictions about getting it wet and could not drive for six weeks (learned to use Uber). Make sure you do the PT when the time comes. And best wishes for a quick recovery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My help left. It's hard taking care of yourself when you can't use your hands to carry stuff because you have to use crutches! I guess it's good that I have a useful mouth to put my ice packs in a Walmart bag n carry it by my teeth to the living room. lol

Lot of pain today. Woke up to feeling my whole foot, right down to the heal. And that was pretty darn painful.

Thank you all for the well wishes.

- - - Updated - - -

I had similar surgery last November (after closing the pool), had bunion removed, joint replaced, broken bone from my childhood some 50 years ago repaired (at the time I didn't tell my parents about it for 3 weeks. By then the doctor said it was already healing on it's own). Had the same restrictions about getting it wet and could not drive for six weeks (learned to use Uber). Make sure you do the PT when the time comes. And best wishes for a quick recovery.

How is your foot today? I had to have my second toe bone cut shorter so it wasn't just the bunionectomy. Do you have any pain?

Sorry to hear of the bum foot. When I spent a few weeks on crutches, I used a backpack to carry stuff around. It doesn't help with the dinner plate, but it's useful for a lot of things.

I hope it gets better soon

Or with coffee too! I haven't figured that one out yet. :-|

Thank you.

Ha! Yeah!

I was on crutches for 3 months once and I got good at hands free crutching. Plate in one hand and drink in the other. An ice chest full of beer by the chair is handy too! :)

Here's one to hold you over for a few hours! :-D
dbtgallery.php

I've been doin the one armed crutching Dave. I still need support with the other hand incase I fall. I've been uneasy on my feet and scared myself a few times today by almost falling. I wish I had that cooler though! lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.