How to clean bottom and sides

Sure. Let your FC get to target and then start your SWCG. Will take some time to dial it in.

CYA - up to you. You are running towards fall and winter now so the higher CYA will not really be necessary. The sun angle has dropped so FC loss to sunlight will be less.

Take care.

Speaking of winter Marty.....got a link to a SWG Winter Shutdown list? The one on the forum looks to apply to non SWG systems...

I think everyone should do a slam....we really learned how to do testing and getting the chemistry on target with a slam!

I will continue posting chemistry on this thread until levels get down to TFP levels and then end thread....thanks so much for you and Dom's help. The TFP methods do work!

Sure. Let your FC get to target and then start your SWCG. Will take some time to dial it in.

CYA - up to you. You are running towards fall and winter now so the higher CYA will not really be necessary. The sun angle has dropped so FC loss to sunlight will be less.

Take care.

Closing a SWG pool is no different than a manually dosed pool.

Eventually the water will get too cold for the SWG to generate chlorine, and you will switch to bleach. Once the pool is consistently under 60F, close it up.

Post Slam Report: We've been doing weekly testing and wanted to follow up that our water has cleared to the point I can see a quarter on the pool bottom! The numbers aren't perfect yet but getting darn close! Conclusion is that Pool Math works! We learned a lot about testing. So much that we don't ever use the instructions for each test any longer. I highly recommend new forum users to follow and practice pool school methods. We never relied on a pool company to start up or maintain the pool chemistry but I imagine it IS an expensive process. We are a DIY family for most of our projects and Pool School worked for us. Personally, I'm glad Marty and Domct203 were around to guide us. Personally I recommend the speed stir for swirling the water during testing. So helpful! Unfortunately winter is coming so we must learn pool closing techniques. I for one will miss my quiet time in the pool vacuuming and skimming the surface. Winter sucks. But I'm planning to use this winter to have natural gas lines installed to the pool for a pool heater! Something new to learn. Thanks to all that offered advice.

Consider this thread ended. PM me if anyone needs any details on this thread I failed to share.
RoxxW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.