How to clean bottom and sides

Once you pass the three criteria for a successful SLAM, just let your FC drift back to maintenance level for your SWCG pool. Then start your SWCG to maintain your target FC.

Hi Marty,

The SWG has been running the whole slam b/c I have been running the pump to help filter so its been producing chlorine the whole slam. I want to cut back the pump/SWG run time after the slam. I found that SWG/pump runtime spreadsheet in a different thread and been playing around with it.

Are you saying to cut the pump/swg time completely to help drift the FC back down?

Hi Afton,

Yes, we added stabilizer to get CYA up to 20.

Ideally, I think we are shooting for 70 CYA (FC of 5) but I don't think we should add more stabilizer until the FC drifts down from 35. We are thinking of cutting the % on the SWG back to 75% also.

What do you guys think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is really best to take your sample while the pump is running to ensure a good distribution of chemicals.
We usually recommend running the pump for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to taking any samples.

Seeing that you had been running for 24/7 chances are that your results are good, but I would make sure the pump has been running right up to when you take your sample for the next round of testing. There is really no need to turn it off to sample, especially when doing a SLAM.

Thanks Dom.

So here is an update for you and Marty. The pool water is at LEAST as clear as your photo but not as good as the thread Marty shared. :kim:

So we have stopped slamming. No noticeable drop in the over night test. Sunday reading was:

CYA 60
FC 15
CC .5

So we are going to add some more stabilizer in a few days to get CYA to 70 but our thinking is to let the sun kill off the high chlorine some first? Thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.