It's going down for real....

Shingles could you tell me the finish on the inside (underwater) portion of your pool? Do you know if this type of finish could be placed on an old pool in place of plaster? We will be needing to restore our plaster after last summers bout with black algae and constant brushing with the wire brush. I really like that darker finish. Is it as strong as plaster—should we have to brush with wire brushes again?

40,400 gallons, 24 x 40, gunnite, DE Hayward Filter, 1.5 HP single speed pump---old everything but tile and coping, Chester County, PA

Shingles could you tell me the finish on the inside (underwater) portion of your pool? Do you know if this type of finish could be placed on an old pool in place of plaster? We will be needing to restore our plaster after last summers bout with black algae and constant brushing with the wire brush. I really like that darker finish. Is it as strong as plaster—should we have to brush with wire brushes again?

40,400 gallons, 24 x 40, gunnite, DE Hayward Filter, 1.5 HP single speed pump---old everything but tile and coping, Chester County, PA

The finish is Wet Edge’s satin matrix line of pebble finish. The color is North Shore Tahoe. I know my PB has done refinish work with the Wet Edge line. I suspect they remove the old layer then apply the new product.

On the toughness question. I suppose it it a little stronger since it’s got a lot of stones in there. But in not 100% sure on that. I am using a nylon brush. It’s a very stiff brush but is suspect still not as abrasive as a steel brush.

Cauldron is up.

2fd16f33b75133fd8996406fdd8e3c29.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.