Renew Equipments

Jul 27, 2017
Rome Italy
Hi to all,
I'm Edoardo and I live in Italy in Rome. I'd like to change my pool equipment.
I'd like to add to my pool an automation system, but I don't know what to choose.
The pool have a sand filter system.
I have a concrete rectangular pool 20x40 with pvc black liner.
I want chan my 1,5 CV pump with a variation speed.
I want control and manage PH.
I'd to add a salt chlorine system or injector chlorine.

The best is to control all with app or browser.
The top would be a system that decides the filtration times based on the water and external temperature.

Thanks
Edoardo

Hi Edoardo, I'm not sure what equipment is available in Italy but the two most popular ones in the states are Hayward and Pentair. Both have systems to control from your phone. Can you tell us what manufactures are available over there?

You will like the variable (variation) speed pump, they are very quiet and use little power.

For the salt chlorine system, we call it SWG or SWCG short for Salt Water Chlorine Generator. We recommend getting one that is 2 times the size you need. That cuts down on pump run time and improves the salt cells life.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, in Italy pool equipments are very expensive, usually the same American product costs twice.
I'll buy all in US. For this reason I write on an American forum !!
At the begin i see the iAqualink app but Jandy don't have a system to manage PH with acid.
Pentair have IntelliChem, but i'd like to have feedback about this system and an opinion about the good automation system.
You recommend the SWG with double size, for my pool is necessary cell for 70 gallons, bat i find only for 40 gallons.
Is it possible to install 2 cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.