New Katy Texas Build (Houston)

I see deck jets on the one artist rendering. Be forewarned, they are pretty noisy. We put two in our pool and have used them twice for a couple minutes each. It is not pleasant if a group is on the patio and they are running.

Take care.

I agree and also the same thing with Laminars. The only time we run them is if we are in the hot tub and no one else is outside otherwise way to noisy.

Just got the bad news today that my electrical feed to my house will have to be moved. $2850 to relocate it away from my proposed pool locations.
I just had ours rerouted in Katy for $1800 for approx 190 foot wire run. Your quote is way high given we have a huge yard and run to the meter. Let me know if you want the name of our guy.

Got a response for some of the questions regarding skimmers, spa trough and returns.

1. The trough for the spa is 6" wide 6" deep and it does have a return
2. My skimmers are both placed on the same side of the pool because there is no decking/room on the opposite side he said.
3. My sun self has returns, and over my pool appears to have 6 returns total. Based on his response the returns have not been placed for my pool yet and he wants my input as to where I would like them.

Here are more of my pool contract details:

143 Linear Feet
516 SF total water surface area
29'5"x 35'6"
Depth 3.5-5.5

Equip:
Jandy Stealth variable speed pump
Jandy premium CV series 580 SF cartridge filtration
Jandy Versa Pump Technology
Jandy watercolors LED lights
Jandy high efficiency low NOx 400,000 btu gas heater
Jandy Aqualink PDA-PS8 Automation system
Jandy Aqualink wireless handheld remote
Polaris 280 Black Max swimming pool cleaner
Jandy AquaPure Electronic Salt Water Chlorine Generator System
320 Inline Automatic Chlorine dispensing system
Paramount iJet intelligent swimming pool return systems (6)
Intermatic Safety Light Step down transformer
Automatic Pool overflow system
Turbo Venturi Skimmers

WetEdge Pebble

716 SF Travertine Stone paver decking in an Ashlar/French/Versailles pattern
260 SF of wood decking
225 LF of 4" area drainage
198 LF electrical run
50 LF gas line run

Any comments regarding my equipment? Everything look okay for the size of my pool?

Looks like a good list but I would ask for specific model numbers of each piece of equipment. This was not done on my contract and now I am regretting it. Does your automation system have the wireless network capability so you can access from a web browser? Go on Jandy's website and look at each item to make sure it is what you want. There are a LOT of options with the lights, for instance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've searched the forum but can't seem to find anything relevant to vertical returns?

My builder is showing 3 vertical pool returns on my site plan. One on my sun deck and two around my infinity spa. Can't say I am familiar with this? Any help?

I just donated and should be able to start posting all of my photos of the gunite/equipment/plumbing tomorrow I hope.

vertical pool returns

Not sure what that means. Bubblers?

You do know you are paying for an in-line chlorinator with a SWCG? You do NOT need the chlorinator.

Take care

Not sure what that means. Bubblers?

You do know you are paying for an in-line chlorinator with a SWCG? You do NOT need the chlorinator.

Take care

They are not my bubblers... My site plan specifically calls it "vertical pool return" and the pipes for them are coming up from the pool floor of my sun deck, not the walls.

I was told I would need the clorinator for the first month or so of the pool being filled and would then just be a backup basically..

Why not use bleach for the first month or so?

Better to keep a handle on your pool water chemistry than use pucks that you never sure if they are dissolving, have to monitor CYA constantly to assure you have enough FC, etc.

Equip.jpg
Equip2.jpg
Equip3.jpg
Equip6.jpg

Pool.jpg
Pool2.jpg
Tall skinny pipe is for my bubbler, the shorter fatter pipe is listed as vertical return

Pool3.jpg
Sundeck.jpg
Spa.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Why not use bleach for the first month or so?

Better to keep a handle on your pool water chemistry than use pucks that you never sure if they are dissolving, have to monitor CYA constantly to assure you have enough FC, etc.

I've never had a pool before, let alone Salt Water.. Sounds like I could have saved some money, but if I remember correctly it didn't cost that much to have it. Less than $300 I think.

I'm a little concerned about the equipment installed that is touching my A/C unit.

Any suggestions from the group? Does the rest of the equipment look okay or do you see any issues? I can provide any additional photos if needed.

Someone clearly didn't think that through when they mounted the pump to the slab that close to the A/C unit.

Is it actually touching? I personally wouldn't worry about it from an airflow standpoint, but if it's touching it seems like it might rub through the pipe? Perhaps that's a long shot.

Dan

Someone clearly didn't think that through when they mounted the pump to the slab that close to the A/C unit.

Is it actually touching? I personally wouldn't worry about it from an airflow standpoint, but if it's touching it seems like it might rub through the pipe? Perhaps that's a long shot.

Dan

It is touching. Actually it is pressed against it. Not touching.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.