Do snakes give birth in pools? Eeek

JanHan

Silver Supporter
Jul 3, 2016
DFW, TX
I knew it was only a matter of time before finding a snake in the skimmer basket...but holy cow. Both baskets were occupied with them, 5 total. Do baby snakes travel in packs? Or is there an angry mom snake waiting to enact revenge . Do snakes give live birth in pools?? Eeeeek!
7abd6d7502a201da0796e9b9702eabee.jpg
f69492d201f0647aa631b65c9e08da0b.jpg

If my wife saw that in our pool the truck of dirt would be there the next day to fill it in ----------------------------

Well SOME snakes incubate their eggs inside their bodies so it seems as if they give live birth.

Which Snakes Lay Eggs? Which Snakes Give Birth to Live Young?

Nothing like walking into your class room to get ready for the day and seeing baby snakes all over the place! I had a snake I had placed in a wire cage for the kids to learn about the day before. I was going to release her that day with the kids. Each child got to "help" carry a baby while released them all into the woods behind the school! LOL

Had to some QUICK learning as I had no idea some snakes did not lay eggs!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That sounds traumatizing! Nope! The fact that you didn't quit your job at that very moment is commendable [emoji23]
The only snakes I know of that give live birth are rattlesnakes, and I ruled that out immediately thank goodness. Now I'll go read up on the link, thanks!
I think I've narrowed our snake party down to juvenile Eastern Yellow Bellied Racers, here's a side by side shot. Not venomous, but I don't care. All snakes are evil and have no business using my pool! Ick
f38475954320f404f4e63b356f2eab35.jpg

So the snakes were pretty bad, but this little bugger might have just ended my swimming season. It was hanging out on a built in table in the pool and looking at me like I was the unwanted guest in the situation. My kids caught it for me but....game over
54fa318cf454acdbef4f1a52f68356bc.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.