Need Help with pool Cleaner choice

Jul 23, 2017
High Point/NC
I feel like I just keep re-reading the same information over and over and I cannot make up my mind what would be good for my pool. This will be my first pool and I want to make sure I pick the correct cleaner.
The pool is going to be a freeform pool with a splash pad that is only about 18'" deep. The pool will be 35' by 15.6' but the actual swimming area isn't that large. this is the pool we are getting: http://www.imagineswimmingpools.com/pool-range/the-inspiration
After reading all the threads I am really considering the s300i series but would that be overkill for my pool? I know I do want the caddy to help with storage so I think I am going to spend at least $750 or so anyway. I like the extra cleaning options of the s300i but with the splash pad being such a large part of the pool would I be better off going with something cheaper?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Our pool will be similar to yours. 16x36 rectangle w/ 9x10 18" deep ledge for toddler play and adult sitting. Shallow end will be 4' and deep end will be 7'6". I will also have deep end benches that will be 18" deep. Here's my build thread:
New NE Oklahoma IG Build

After doing all the research I went w/ an Active 30i (same as the S300i). I'm still staring at a gunite shell so can't tell you how well it works. My main hope is that since it's lower profile than the M series it'll do the benches and ledges. I'll be able to tell you in a month or so :)

Even though you have the ledge you still have the same amount of surface area to clean.

Thanks for both of your help. I think I am between the s200, 300 and 300i. I am pretty sure I want a caddy, that's why I was thinking the 300 since it's about the same price. But now reading that the features aren't really that great on the 300 and I should either do the 200 or 300i.
Just not sure and hate it how vague the dolphin website is about them.

Here's as simple a breakdown as I can make.

200 - No caddy, only 2 hour regular cycle.

300 - Yes caddy, 1 hour quick cycle or 2 hour regular cycle through app, directional remote through app.

300i - Yes caddy, 1 hour quick cycle or 2 hour regular cycle or 2.5 hour extended cycle through app, directional remote through app.

Physically speaking all the units are identical. Same motors, power supplies. Also worth noting the 200 comes with a set of mesh panels and a set of fine pleated for the filter basket, whereas the 300 and 300i only come with the fine pleated panels and a mesh inner liner.

Yes the panels are replaceable. The idea with the two different sets of panels on the 200 is for a lot of heavier debris like leaves you use the mesh panels, but for relatively clean pools with just a bit of sand/silt you use the fine pleated panels. With the 300 and 300i you only have the fine pleated panels, but if you have heavier debris you use the mesh liner to protect them from getting too dirty that they limit water flow. I personally think the 200 actually has the better filter setup but you can buy the mesh panels separately for the 300/300i if you want.

No unit is really "better". They all use the same motor and power supply and have the same warranties. If you're willing to forego the caddy and have no use for the remote, the 200 is a great. If you want the remote and caddy, get the 300. The only reason I see to get the 300i is if your pool is 20x40 or larger, as you will need the longer cycle to hit the whole pool.

Also, the Active, 20, 30 and 30i are basically identical to the S200, 300 and 300i, respectively. The Active 30 and 30i are $100 cheaper than the S300 and S300i.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.