Refurb - Sachse Tx w/ Bi-Carb Startup

Re: Refurb - Sachse, Tx

That sure is a detailed itinerary!

Looking forward to seeing how your pool turns out.

Suz, it's 30 days on the salt and that's based off most cementitious materials achieving their rated cured compressive strength at 28 days. That is probably Overkill for pool plaster but it's only a minor inconvenience for the first month so it might as well be done.

I actually don't do bicarb startups anymore... They were just far too taxing on me to manage and I saw little gain from them.

I have midnight blue Stonescapes with shells and it's alarming to see how much color has been lost in only 2 years:

Screenshot_20170627-162642.jpg

I'll be redoing it this fall...

Hey Brian,
The startup itinerary was constructed from your assistance to Jamie P last spring. The rest was to satisfy my OCD by getting everything written down. I really needed to understand how my late August vacation was going to "fit" the refurb/startup activities.

I certainly can understand as a PB how the bicarb startup was taxing on you and your crew. It definitely requires some hours each day on each pool and the homeowners probably don't understand the benefits and want to pay.

I am a bit disappointed in the results of your Stonescapes.....

Blessings,
Paul

I really do applause your willingness to tackle this though and I'll be happy to offer any guidance if the need arises.

There certainly is a lot of information in Jaime's thread... Maybe too much :crazy:

Thanks for the offer Brian. I recognized you were instrumental in getting Jamie through the bicarb startup process. And yes a lot of information but it did help me understand and build my initial timeline.

Demo has started............ Tile install and stone grout redo starting today. Plaster is approximately 1 week out. Time to test my fill water and start calculating necessary chemicals and stock up in preparation of start-up activities.

New STA-Rite S7M120 cartridge filter arrived yesterday. The old one developed a slow leak in the bottom canister. Considered patching it until I read some great advice on here to "NOT DO THAT". So $700 later I have a complete new filter ready to install and be used for start up.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Hello Mcow (very close neighbor)!

Hey Amalgamate - We visited a pool in Frisco a couple of weeks ago with the midnight blue and fell in love with it.

They are not wasting any time on the tile install.....

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Notice the box on the deck with the cord sticking out - It is my light packed in towels... A little preventative measure.

The tile looks great! That deep blue looks great with the coping!

What a smart idea to wrap the lights in towels in the box! None of the workers thought to do that with my light (I didn't either). My lights were in boxes until the rain destroyed the boxes! I'm lucky they didn't break!

Keep the update coming! You're going to get plastered before you know it!!! It sneaks up on you.... Lol!!!

Suz

New filter installed and ready for fill - as soon as they ship me my pressure guage. Pay no attention to those horrible chemicals that I used before finding this site. Also please ignore the double decker tablet system. Gee I wonder why my CYA was so high...... DOH!!

IMG_0087.jpg

Grouting replaced on stone wall

IMG_0088.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The tile looks great! That deep blue looks great with the coping!

What a smart idea to wrap the lights in towels in the box! None of the workers thought to do that with my light (I didn't either). My lights were in boxes until the rain destroyed the boxes! I'm lucky they didn't break!

Keep the update coming! You're going to get plastered before you know it!!! It sneaks up on you.... Lol!!!

Suz

Wife is really pleased with the tile as am I. I got the idea for the light when my contract said they were not responsible for the light working when they completed. Red flag! I used to love getting plastered, not so much any more. Sad.....

Wife just called and said they are starting plaster prep. Kimkats you were right we may be plastered pretty quick!

IMG_0089.jpg

Thanks for the kind words ctrav. The real sitting area is below. We just completed finish out a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0067.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.