the rain killed our pump

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
Our PB put our pump too low. as a result, it got flooded and we had to pay for a new one and we, at the same time, added a surge protector to it. Also had a computer crash and another one be refurbished...all in the same week...whine.....thanks for listening....

Since this is in coffee bar section, I feel safe to add to your story by saying I caught my dog lifting his leg on my pump this weekend. It didn't short it out or anything, but got me thinking about how it will respond to rain. All my equipment is fully exposed to the elements, and pump is computer based.

We haven't had any rain since moving in, I'm just hoping previous owners had it installed by someone that knew what they were doing. The manual power switch is raise off ground, so I assume that has me covered for flooding. However, the digital portion is what I'm worried about. It has a cover, but it's only a piece of plastic that I would compare to how a battery is covered on your tv remote control. We will see how it withstands the monsoon rain and dust very soon.

Since this is in coffee bar section, I feel safe to add to your story by saying I caught my dog lifting his leg on my pump this weekend. It didn't short it out or anything, but got me thinking about how it will respond to rain. All my equipment is fully exposed to the elements, and pump is computer based.

We haven't had any rain since moving in, I'm just hoping previous owners had it installed by someone that knew what they were doing. The manual power switch is raise off ground, so I assume that has me covered for flooding. However, the digital portion is what I'm worried about. It has a cover, but it's only a piece of plastic that I would compare to how a battery is covered on your tv remote control. We will see how it withstands the monsoon rain and dust very soon.

I hear ya. Our computer part was really low to the ground. Worst case on first big rain put it on cinder blocks. That's what we did
0bb2ec9e752a7d3eaea66f5cd612fc4c.jpg

Since this is in coffee bar section, I feel safe to add to your story by saying I caught my dog lifting his leg on my pump this weekend. It didn't short it out or anything, but got me thinking about how it will respond to rain.

Good thing there was not a short - your dog might have had an issue!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.