New Build Completed!, Spring TX by PB.

SpringPool

Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2017
San Antonio TX
Running for over a week. I've been using parts of the TF-100 full kit every day. I think I've got the test down and the pool is crystal clear.

*Update 4*

fire magic bowls are in. Will post pictures tonight. First test with the TF-100 completed

*Update 3*

25 Days and we are filling the pool! Plaster was completed yesterday and acid washed today.

*Update 2*

Things are moving along. Gunite is complete and tile Sunday/Monday

*Update 1*

Thank you everyone. Our pool will hopefully start construction in 2 weeks and I think we have the design almost finalized.

Hello All

we are about to build a pool in the back yard of a new house in Houston, TX and would like to get some suggestions.

Here is what we are thinking. 15x30 with a Spa that is not raised, Sun self, bench in deep end, a back wall with shear descents and 2 fire bowls

now placement and shape are what we need suggestions with. I've attach a picture of the plot plan. The front door has a view of the back yard and the back wall is basically all windows.

There is an alcove type area that we were thinking of recessing the spa in. I also want to extend the covered Patio out about 15 feet. Or add a pergola somewhere around the pool.

Any suggestions design ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Erik

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,324
Re: New house adding pool need ideas

You don't specify that you want to see the pool out your back windows, but I'd actually put the pool more on the side of the yard over the driveway. This would allow you to extend a pergola outwards from that open alcove area and have a lovely patio area in view from the windows. I'd suggest a large kidney shaped pool with the middle "bend" facing the back doors, like a slightly tipped C shape, if that makes sense? This would allow you to maintain a large area of grass for play too.

The spa could be at the proximal end, and closest to the house. I think you could get a larger pool if you used that kidney shape.

Just *my* novice two cents :)

Maddie :flower:

HI! You will love having a pool! It is so relaxing and refreshing!

I like your idea of the spa in that area BUT do wonder about your "rules" about being that close to the windows. Before you get too far you might want to check into requirements for that.

I would LOVE to see a real picture of your house and yard to see what you are working with!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim, We thought about the left side but then it's closer to the neighbor and two AC units as well. We also liked the idea of some privacy for the spa and I thought it would be a good use of the house cut out.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a design we've developed with our PB. The pool will be centered on the living room. The room to the right is the master and we may add a door to the spa area. Yes the spa has a mini moat around it. We will be adding an additional covered Patio and since the back of the house faces west it will have a wall on the far end. The sun self will need to be a little larger and we want to add some type of jumping rock on the left side. Lots of deck and we may go with travertine pavers but I found these concerte Pavers by firerock that I'm going to research.

Attachments

• new eric design.jpg
    new eric design.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,229

Our house sounds similar to your as we can see straight through the front door, out the back windows and centered the pool on that, it looks great from every angle and especially with people come to visit and walk in the front door.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

A few more pictures. The covered Patio is an extension and will make it 21x30. From the 21x9 that it is now. The fire place is not going in just to show what it would look like

dwade-1.jpg

2jesihk-1.jpg

Hello SpringPool, I love the design, very classic. The view from the inside is going to be beautiful too. The one thing you'll want consider with the pavers you are looking at is how hot they will get in the sun. Concrete tends to get hotter than travertine in the sun, so you may not to ask the manufacturer about that. Congrats on the design. I can't wait to see this build.

Thanks everyone. After reading up on pool lights I'd like some suggestions ideas. Originally I was going to put led bubbler lights on the sun shelf but the reviews of the lights seem to indicate they break easily.

What other options are there? Should we just place 2 lights in the pool and not worry about the shelf it's going to be 12" deep.

I've also looked at the jandy nicheless and think 3 in the pool and 1 in the spa could work and am also researching the S.R. Smith Treo lights.

Thanks

Also any recommendations for online retailers for all the pool equipment?

I have 4 globrights in the pool and one in the spa and just turned them on and can tell you it's perfect. I added one in the shallow end in the steps and I have no dark spots.
I would highly recommend you put one on your shelf so it's not dark. Read through nursenini thread and you can see she said her shelf is dark

Thanks Will

im now leaning toward 3 20w jandy nicheless in the pool and a 9w in the spa. Has anyone used the 30w version? Are they significantly brighter? The design then has 3 9w around the spa in the moat.

Next question is more on preference. Reading other posts I think I want to start the pool at 4' and go deep from there. What are the thoughts of 4' 6.5' 4' depth. For those with the deepend in the middle how does jumping in work? Any cons to having the deep end in the middle?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.