Intellisense EasyTouch and Compatibility Issues--HELP PLEASE

Franz

May 23, 2017
Clovis, CA
I am a NB and in need of severe help. I have posted in another thread to no avail.

I am trying to build both a Koi Pond and a Pool. I have tried to install (professional) either Intellisense or Easy Touch. I am told by Pentair that my system is compatible, I am told by my installer that it is not compatible and I am told by the supplier that it is.:mad:

My pool (plaster) is 25x23 6' at the deep end and 3' at the shallow end. I have a "compu" variable speed pump from Discount Salt Pools and a SWG Chlorinator (R-60+) In addition I have lights and water features with a VSP.

For my Koi pond I have a Artisan 2 VFL pump, water features, separate filter, lights and no heater as to either the pump or pond. (Plug and Play system from Sacramento Koi.com)

I have contacted Pentair who says my equipment is compatible, likewise Sacramento Koi who tells me the same, HOWEVER my plumber/electrician says my equipment is NOT! (I also notice he did NOT install the check valve in my system-which was provided)...

Does anyone have any information or suggestions for me as I have spend the last 4 days reading and receiving contradictory information and I am totally lost!

Frank,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all Koi Pond pool owners... :drown:

You have violated rule one of owning automation, ensure all the equipment will talk together before buying the equipment.. :p

"Compatible" means different things to different people.. I'm pretty sure that none of your equipment can actually communicate over the comm bus to the EasyTouch, but believe that the ET can turn your equipment on/off.

1. Your pump... the ET communicates with the pump via a serial cable between the ET and the pump. I see nothing in the ET's menu that allows it to talk to anything other than the IntelliFlo pumps. I do not see any reference to a "compu" pump on the Discount Salt Pools site.. They do show a CircuPool VS pump. but it requires an interface kit for use with an automation system. They do not talk about the interface kit, but if like all the others I have seen, it requires four unused relays in the automation system, and gives you the ability to select 4 set pump speeds. Not a true variable speed control.

2. Your Salt cell.. The ET normally has the ability to control the % of output of the salt cell. The ET has no ability to control the R-60, about the only thing it can do is turn it on or off.

In short... the ET can be used to turn your non-Pentair equipment on or off, but has no ability to control the equipment as you would expect in any true automation system.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks so much. Wish I had found TFP sooner. With all the bad news, I guess the only good news is that when it gets connected, I will save money an the automation end and just turn on the equipment the ole fashion way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.