Automated Test Results Graphing

Mickey Moose

Jul 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
This last fall I relieved my pool service of their duty to get things back in order and save money. So the getting things back in order is a work in progress but was mostly handled in short order. The savings are nice. Now for some fun. When I test my water I enter the data in "Pool Pal" app on my phone. Using Pool Pal's export the data is emailed to a dedicated account I set up for this project. The emailed data is periodically picked up from email and inserted into a database. Here is the web-based front-end to this system. The list of tests going down the left display charts like the FC test that is displayed in the screenshot.

Some of the charting functionality is still in the works (like changing the timeframe to display, zoom, slide, etc) and I'm also waiting on a few bugs/feature requests I submitted to Pool Pal's author. If/when the bugs and requests are addressed I'll be able to do some cooler, maybe more advanced charting such as chlorine needed vs temp. If anybody has a connection to Pool Pal's author that would help. If the bugs and requests aren't addressed then I'll forego Pool Pal and build a form on my site where the charts are and simply input the data directly... I'll have to sleep on how/where I want to do Pool Pal/TFP PoolMath calculations then. Maybe a calculator will become a part of my site too. *scratching head*

poolchem.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.