Needing some advice

Knobs

May 16, 2017
Wichita, KS
Hello,
I'm new here. I've owned my house for 11 years now. Last year I had a HORRIBLE algae breakout that I never got under control. Tried several different treatments from Leslie's but nothing worked. I was on their algae free guarantee and they did honor it however I was still very, very green. I was told it may have been from all of the rain.
My pool has several cracks and even some larger chunks missing from along the top where the tile pieces are along the water line. I decided this year I'd like to repair those cracks and re-plaster the pool.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: I see you posted your plaster and cracks issue on a new thread, so I'll keep any comments specific to simply welcoming you to TFP. :) As for the pool store testing and advice .... RUN! Don't do it anymore please. The #1 best thing you can do for yourself is test your own water - properly. We recommend the TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C). The TF-100 XL option is a great value and something you'll need for additional testing because of the algae. Obtaining that test kit (link below) would be priority #1.

While waiting, please review and bookmark the vital links you see below in my sig. Those will be valuable to you from now on. The SLAM link is what we use to combat algae. But again, you need the test kit first. :)

Welcome to our forum.