Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pressure gauge showing no pressure??

1. Back To Top    #1

pressure gauge showing no pressure??

Ever since we bought our house last year the pressure guage on our sand filter shows no pressure. everything seems to be working fine tho. Should i just replace guage??
    27k, rectangular in-ground, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pressure gauge showing no pressure??

Probably the best and easiest thing to do first. They have very nice glycerin-filled gauges on the TFTestkits web site if you're interested.
    Pressure Gauges
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

ok great. thank you!! maybe Lowes will have one as i am going there today. thanks again!

4. Back To Top    #4

Make sure you have some of that white Teflon tape to wrap on the threads too.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Lowe's will not have a good one. Take the plunge and spend 14 bucks on a really nice, freeze proof one.

TFTestkits.net
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

ok thanks guys!! yep got the tape.

- - - Updated - - -

ok definitely want good one but since i already took that old one off i was hoping to find one in town today. got any where else i should check? and what specifics am i looking for in one?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by TaraT View Post
    ok thanks guys!! yep got the tape.

- - - Updated - - -

ok definitely want good one but since i already took that old one off i was hoping to find one in town today. got any where else i should check? and what specifics am i looking for in one?
    You want a low pressure gauge, for starters. Most gauges you'll find will go to 200 psi, which is waaaay higher than you'll ever need, and that makes the graduations too small to be useful. Then you want one that's glycerin-filled, so it won't freeze and die on you again. You probably won't find that in a hardware store. Maybe a pool store, for big bucks, or maybe at someplace like Grainger, if you know someone with a commercial account.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

ok thank you! second thought ill just screw that broke one back in and order what yall recommended.