Soundproof material for Wooden Gate?

Cody

Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2014
Prosper, TX
I'm trying to dampen the sound of my pool equipment, particularly the pump powering our water features. As a first step, I had a wooden gate put in.

Equipment is on side of home, so we had a gate built in separating the equipment from the back yard...gate between side of house and the existing fence.

It helped....a little. I'm now thinking of trying some sound dampening material on the back side of the gate, but I'm overwhelmed when I google the subject.

Anyone here had any luck? I've also seen blankets and boxes to go over the pump, but I'm worried about ventilation. I figured this is the place to come for great answers!

With the top of the gate open to the air, I doubt any amount of sound deadening material applied to the vertical surface is going to help compared to the sound going over the top of the gate.

If you want to see what's possible, get a really heavy blanket (or three) and drape them over the gate down to the ground. If it really makes a difference, then, you might have hope for a more permanent material applied to the gate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.