Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need education about shotcrete stage

1. Back To Top    #1

Need education about shotcrete stage

Hi,

Just found this site and I am thinking of starting a thread about my build but i need a little advice relatively quickly so i can do something if i need to. I am in the shotcrete stage (curing) , have an infloor cleaning system (blue square) and have been watering a few times a day to help cure the stuff. I started to have water collect at the deep end (no problem) but i also discovered a low area in the middle of the pool collecting water (1-2 inches).

IMG_4318.jpg

The pool is 12x60 and depth of 4'2" to 7'...relatively flat all the way untill you get to the deep end. They are going to resize the stairs from the sun shelf in the next day or so with bagged concrete and pour the equipment pad... so my question is....Do I worry about the low area? Mostly because of the infloor cleaner.. will this be a problem? The PB didn't seem to concerned said the plaster will self level it mostly.

I know there are imperfections in most things...is this something to get bent out of shape about and push them to fix/fill when doing the stairs?

Thanks

Ped

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need education about shotcrete stage

The first thing I thought of when I saw the water standing there was it was a good thing! That will help any dirt/stuff get there to the pop ups. I would not worry with it.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

You will be fine.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

4. Back To Top    #4

ok I was just worried.... as everything goes better with gravity the idea of the infloor is push stuff down to the main drain (or to skimmers). I was worried that having a deep spot would create an area where things would get stuck and not "flow" down to the main drain...