Need education about shotcrete stage

pedx4

Apr 8, 2017
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

Just found this site and I am thinking of starting a thread about my build but i need a little advice relatively quickly so i can do something if i need to. I am in the shotcrete stage (curing) , have an infloor cleaning system (blue square) and have been watering a few times a day to help cure the stuff. I started to have water collect at the deep end (no problem) but i also discovered a low area in the middle of the pool collecting water (1-2 inches).

IMG_4318.jpg

The pool is 12x60 and depth of 4'2" to 7'...relatively flat all the way untill you get to the deep end. They are going to resize the stairs from the sun shelf in the next day or so with bagged concrete and pour the equipment pad... so my question is....Do I worry about the low area? Mostly because of the infloor cleaner.. will this be a problem? The PB didn't seem to concerned said the plaster will self level it mostly.

I know there are imperfections in most things...is this something to get bent out of shape about and push them to fix/fill when doing the stairs?

Thanks

Ped

ok I was just worried.... as everything goes better with gravity the idea of the infloor is push stuff down to the main drain (or to skimmers). I was worried that having a deep spot would create an area where things would get stuck and not "flow" down to the main drain...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.