Slowly progressing...

Sooo...I noticed the other night that I had a small leak where we clamped the flex pvc to the water bond male adapter that I had threaded into the bottom of the skimmer.
I wasn’t crazy about that connection because the flex didn’t fit as tight as I would have liked.
Anyway, I fixed it with some parts and pieces I had kickin’ around...

1 1/2” to 40mm adapter
40mm Intex nut on a box adapter
cemented in a 1 1/2” pvc coupler
flex pvc cemented on the other end

no leaks at all now...but I did notice something...

Before I changed the connection, you could see ‘turbulence’ in the clear plastic top of the pump strainer. Now with the leak fixed (could have been sucking air too?) there is no turbulence in the strainer now.
Why?
Is it because it’s not sucking air now?

So why did you decide to put the deck on the back side of the pool? I THINK I know why but wanted to ask.
We decided to put it on the backside so it didn’t take up so much of the yard, we don’t have a huge backyard. Plus this way we can see the boys easily when they’re in the pool and we won’t have to look through a wood railing, balusters, etc

kimkats said:
Was it oh so nice to have the pool to jump into and cool off in while doing that work??

Kim:kim:
You have no idea!...lol...it was great to get in after I was done!

I love to jump in the pool in the middle of mowing! I have 6.5 acres to mow so.............I jump in a lot! I jump back on the mower and keep going!

VERY good reasons to have the deck there. I KNEW there were good reasons as you are a thinker and planner. I love learning how and why people think!

I love to jump in the pool in the middle of mowing! I have 6.5 acres to mow so.............I jump in a lot! I jump back on the mower and keep going!
Haha nice!...6.5 acres is a lot to mow, wow!...that’s a sweet chunk of land though, I would love that!

kimkats said:
VERY good reasons to have the deck there. I KNEW there were good reasons as you are a thinker and planner. I love learning how and why people think!
Thank you!...yup, there’s a reason for everything! lol

So will you build the deck on your own? (guessing yes but sometimes it is nice to let the wallet do the work LOL)

You’re guessing right!...lol...my father in law will probably help me.
I don’t think I’ve ever paid someone else to do stuff for me. I’m way too picky about how I want things done to have someone else do it...I’d be hovering over the poor guy constantly, he’d quit, and I would end up doing it myself anyway! lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So...I got in the pool this past Saturday to do a little scrub down and get some leaves out that were on the bottom...

OH MY GOD!!!

...the water was VERY cold...wow...and my middle kid was in with me swimming around like it was nothing! haha

I’ll be ordering the winter cover and skimmer and return plugs soon!

Hello again pool people!...I pumped some of the swamp water off my pool cover yesterday after work. I noticed I have guests...

pool frog.jpeg

Holy cow they are loud!...I will have to relocate them.

Attachments

• A113FC5A-291C-40B1-B1C5-7B6F439904F3.jpeg
    A113FC5A-291C-40B1-B1C5-7B6F439904F3.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Here is hoping none of them found the inside the pool!!! RIBBIT!!!

I hear ya...but I don’t think so, the weight of the water on the cover made it pretty tight against the coping. We shall see later!
They heard "pool party" and invited themselves over for a swim.
Haha...maybe for humans, not amphibians! My backyard was dead silent last night...maybe the mating season is over for them?

• Haha
Reactions: mariane
We took the cover off today, and I was glad to see fairly clear water with only a few leaves...

cover off.jpg

Since the water was below the return, I figured no better time to install the aqualuminator...

aqualuminator.jpg

aqualuminator2.jpg

Also a good time to install the Burndy water bonding kit...

burndy bonding kit.jpg

burndy bonding kit2.jpg

burndy bonding kit3.jpg

I think I’ve tried every water bonding kit out there, and I should have just bought this one first. It fits perfectly in the skimmer and doesn’t interfere with the basket.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.