Weight vs Volume

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
I need to add some stabilizer to get my CYA up today. I need to add 40 oz by weight or 41 oz by volume. The only scale I have is a bathroom scale. Do you measure volume by using a measuring cup and adding 41 oz in the cup?

Yes, but you will never see the difference of one ounce Cya in nearly 15K gallons of water. Even if you have the gallons nailed down to +\- 5 gallons. Put it all in there, and an ounce or two extra if you wish. It simply won't make much difference you can see on the test.

My container says 5.5 lbs when new. I weighed myself, then did it again with container and it has 4 lbs remaining. I need about 2 1/2 lbs, so I will be doing some more weighing here in a few minutes to get my amount right, and CYA from 50 to 70. Thanks guys!!!

Always tweaking I see. :D

Nothing wrong with that at all. You've got it down, so no worries there.

My wife says I'm crazy! But she sure loves getting into a sparkling clear pool..........:kim:
I guess I have another question though, and I have addressed this before. Water temp is at 68, with several warm days coming then a slight cool down (again). Should I just stay at 50 for a while longer while using bleach? I still haven't started the SWG or put the solar cover on because it is too cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.