New Build in Western Massachusetts

Sebastian, where did you read that? I know you CAN put foam up on the walls and such but I have seen meany times where it will fall down for some reason or another and cause lots of problems.

Kim:kim:

34456713435_2a0fbe12df_m.jpg

All I know of it is this mention in the features list. Hopefully, I'll hear from laprjns about how his experience has been with it.

Well yes they did put foam between the liner and the steel wall. I wasn't present when they did it but I can still feel the sponginess of it after 11 years. I still have the original liner and there no problems with the foam backing falling or bunching. Here is a video of Juliano's doing a liner replacement and at round the 2:25 point is where they install the foam. They do use some type of adhesive.

Here what you can expect next, the laying down of the vermiculite.

DSCF3730.jpg

Vermiculite completed

DSCF3733.jpg

The liner installed and pool being filled

DSCF3768.jpg

and the completed pool (prior to fence being installed)

100_0620.jpg

Well yes they did put foam between the liner and the steel wall. I wasn't present when they did it but I can still feel the sponginess of it after 11 years. I still have the original liner and there no problems with the foam backing falling or bunching. Here is a video of Juliano's doing a liner replacement and at round the 2:25 point is where they install the foam. They do use some type of adhesive.

Here what you can expect next, the laying down of the vermiculite.

View attachment 60365

Vermiculite completed

View attachment 60366

The liner installed and pool being filled

View attachment 60367

and the completed pool (prior to fence being installed)

View attachment 60368

Thanks for the photos and great info on your build! I appreciate it. Your finished pool looks great and I'm getting excited for mine.

May 8, 2017: Filling the Pool

34544205845_2547c3d199_b.jpg

34544205925_2fb9a3638d_b.jpg

34544205965_f2b22b2cda_b.jpg

Exactly one week after breaking ground and the pool is getting filled with water. Next up, they will truck in sand to back fill around the pool. I think the color of the water is very pretty with this liner; you never quite know what it's going to look like until you see it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
May 10, 2017: Back fill; system start up

34616422855_af42ba3f68_c.jpg

34230472870_478826a043_c.jpg

33773400784_a16a76719a_c.jpg

Ten days since breaking ground and the pool itself is done. However, the water is 55 degrees -- too cold to swim! I hear it takes a few days for a heat pump to get the water to swim-able temperature. Should I start the heat pump even if it's getting down to the upper 40s at night or wait until it gets a tad warmer? Also, should a heat pump be running during rainy weather?

They got a LOT of sand in the pool during back fill. What is the best way to get it out without harming any equipment?

Lastly, how often should I run the filter and at which speed(s)?

You can use the vacuum and not harm anything. If you have them I would put the "fine" filters in it. Watch your filter pressure to if it needs to be cleaned while you are cleaning up the sand.

Can't help on the heater though.

Kim:kim:

I live east of you in MA and have a heatpump as well. A lot of it depends on a few factors such as heatpump BTUs, size of pool, and mainly outside temps. A solar cover will make a great difference as well. I have yet to turn my heatpump on for the season. Outside temps just are not warm enough yet to get water temps up. If you don't have a solar cover to put on at night you will just lose what you put in for the day if you were to turn it on now. You really need a couple of days in the mid 70s and higher to get your water to where you want it. Even though most heatpumps say outside temp needs to be in the 50s or 60s, I have found that 70s and higher is actually best. Next weeks looks like it will be great for using it. I don't bother turning mine on when it rains. A quick shower is one thing, but if the day is a washout like we have been having, then you are just spinning the electric meter. I love my heatpump, and it works amazing when the outside temp is in the 70s. With my solar cover on at night I barley lose any temps, even on colder nights. I was able to swim well into October last fall with the heatpump. This spring has just been too chilly and wet.

I live east of you in MA and have a heatpump as well. A lot of it depends on a few factors such as heatpump BTUs, size of pool, and mainly outside temps. A solar cover will make a great difference as well. I have yet to turn my heatpump on for the season. Outside temps just are not warm enough yet to get water temps up. If you don't have a solar cover to put on at night you will just lose what you put in for the day if you were to turn it on now. You really need a couple of days in the mid 70s and higher to get your water to where you want it. Even though most heatpumps say outside temp needs to be in the 50s or 60s, I have found that 70s and higher is actually best. Next weeks looks like it will be great for using it. I don't bother turning mine on when it rains. A quick shower is one thing, but if the day is a washout like we have been having, then you are just spinning the electric meter. I love my heatpump, and it works amazing when the outside temp is in the 70s. With my solar cover on at night I barley lose any temps, even on colder nights. I was able to swim well into October last fall with the heatpump. This spring has just been too chilly and wet.

Thanks for the detailed response; I appreciate it! Your answer is what I pretty much figured. I ran the pump today as a test and was able to raise the water temp from 54 to 63 degrees which wasn't bad considering it was only in the low 60s. I can only imagine what it can do when it gets into the 70s. It's supposed to rain all weekend so I'll wait 'till next week to turn it on again. We hope to take the pool out for its inaugural spin this coming Tuesday. I'll try running the heat pump all day Mon and Tues morning and hope it gets within a comfortable range. Fingers crossed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.