Hayward flow switch replaced, still no flow

Hi

Pro-Logic P4 .. I had a cut wire to flow switch and replaced it all together since its from 2009 New GLX-FLO-RP plugged the phone connecor into motherboard jack.. Switch arrows facing a very solid flow... New T15 cell, one year old, clean... Basically all seems clear to go, No leaks, no air.... but I keep getting no-flow system info so chlorinator stays off. Any idea what else I could be looking for

HJB,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners with flow problems... :p

I assume you installed the switch in the right direction, but you said "Switch arrows facing a very solid flow" Did you mean they point in the direction of the flow?

The only two things that effect the flow switch closing are:

1. The switch itself is defective or installed backwards.

2. The flow itself is too weak because the filter is dirty or the variable speed pump is set to too low of an RPM.

Other than that, I'm out of options.

Let's see if we can get one of our Pro-Logic P4 users to chime in..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

[Thanks for your answer... Turns out that after calling into Hayward on my second attempt a wise tech told me that the arrows printed on the probe(flow switch) are "sometimes" printed backwards i.e. wrong direction... I turned it 180 degrees and voila! Problem solved!!!:cool:

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners with flow problems... :p

I assume you installed the switch in the right direction, but you said "Switch arrows facing a very solid flow" Did you mean they point in the direction of the flow?

The only two things that effect the flow switch closing are:

1. The switch itself is defective or installed backwards.

2. The flow itself is too weak because the filter is dirty or the variable speed pump is set to too low of an RPM.

Other than that, I'm out of options.

Let's see if we can get one of our Pro-Logic P4 users to chime in..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.[/QUOTE]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.