Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Cost Comparison Calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Cost Comparison Calculator

In my short time doing TFPC, I have found it difficult to price compare chlorine costs because of different concentration amounts and jug sizes.

For example, are two 121 oz jugs at 10% concentration for $6.50 a better deal than one 121 oz jug at 8.25% for $2.99?

In an attempt to solve my problem, I have been working on an excel spreadsheet that will allow me to price compare between two stores.

All you have to do is plug in the concentration, number of bottles, oz per bottle and price for both stores and it will tell you which is a better deal. It also says, how much the price at the more expensive store has to be in order for it to be an equal bargain. Lastly, it shows what the equal price would have to be for the same quantity but at different concentrations.

Here is the file, and I welcome any feedback especially if anyone notices any errors. I'm happy to make changes if it is something I am capable of doing in excel:

Chlorine Cost Comparision.xlsx - Google Drive
    16,000 gallon in-ground pebble tec pool. Hayward SP3400VSP Eco-Star Pump, Pentair Triton 2 TR-100 sand filter, A&A 5-port in-floor pool cleaner, Pentair Intellibrite 5g color changing pool light, Polaris 965iQ Robotic Pool Cleaner, OG Pool Math Subscriber and most importantly a Taylor K-2006C test kit.
    Test Kits Compared
    | SLAM | Chlorine / CYA Chart |

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine Cost Comparison Calculator

This might be an even simpler page that does not need to use Google drive developed by another member:
    Liquid Chlorine Cost Calculator
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    This might be an even simpler page that does not need to use Google drive developed by another member:
    Liquid Chlorine Cost Calculator
    I get errors trying to use that site.. is it broken?

~Albert
    Tiger River Spa - Sumatran (i think) - 330 Gal - out of commission
    Approx 20k Gal inground plaster pool with large acapulco step. Hayward Vari-Flo XL Valve Sand filter. Polaris PB4-60 Pressure cleaner booster. Polaris 180/280 style sweep.

4. Back To Top    #4

Bummer. Yup looks broken. Just used it last week I thought.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

The PoolMath mobile app has a price calculator built in.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG, 6,700 gal, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear C400 cart, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Dolphin S300, My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger, PoolMath, TF100 test kit, Recommended Chemical Levels, Ext Test Kit Directions, FC/CYA Chart, Chlorine Date Code Calendar, Polyfill Iron Removal, Borates Drop Test

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks! I was just comparing Walmart 10% @ $0.305/ounce (4 gallons $15.62) vs. my local All Seasons Pools & Spas 12.5% @ $0.301/ounce (4 gallons $19.29)
    17k gal IG, 3/4 HP Hayward pumps, C3000 cartridge filter, H400ID heater, Polaris 36 Pool Sweep, K-2006 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertD View Post
    I get errors trying to use that site.. is it broken?
    Just used it today and its up and running again! YaY! This one is my go to.
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (25mil expandable vinyl liner) ~11,000 gals. Deep end main drain. SkimLine Deluxe Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. Added Salt and Borates. No longer 'pool stored' 7 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by mariane View Post
    Just used it today and its up and running again! YaY! This one is my go to.
    The TFP PoolMath mobile app has a price calculator built in.
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

TFP Pool Math App ROCKS....
    Cliff, IG, 22K gal, Pentair WF 2HP 2 Speed Pump, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Hayward PL Plus Pool Management, SWG T Cell-15, 2 LED Hayward Color Logic 4.0 Lights, Water Features, Diamond Brite Black Onyx pool finish, TF-100 Test Kit, PoolMath App, Dolphin S200 Robot (Phin). Northlake, TX New Pool Build
    I support TFP Forums ♥ Has the info saved you $? You can support too!

10. Back To Top    #10

Sounds like it is great and convenient to use. You enjoy while I use my flip phone.
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (25mil expandable vinyl liner) ~11,000 gals. Deep end main drain. SkimLine Deluxe Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. Added Salt and Borates. No longer 'pool stored' 7 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.