Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Overflow Drain Pipe Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation Overflow Drain Pipe Question

Hi All, my new pool is being built and is about 2 weeks away from being completed. The crew piped the overflow drain pipe about 10 feet away from my pool but now it is simply sticking out in the yard. See the image. Any suggestions on how I can make this a bit cleaner? I would like to not welcome tiny critters (frogs, lizards, mice) to go into this drain. The black pipe is the french drain pipe. I plan on digging this down into the ground...just ignore that. Please help!

Overflow Pipe.jpg
    14K IG 12'x30' Rectangle Vinyl Salt Water Pool
    Hayward Aqua Rite AQR15 PL-PLUS
    Hayward SP2603VSP Super Pump VS
    Hayward 300lb Sand Filter
    Dolphin Active 30i AND Skim Devil Camio SX15

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Overflow Drain Pipe Question

I would include it with the black pipe.Dig a ditch with rocks and such to keep it clean and dirt free. I would put a screen on the end to help keep out the critters. Think about it being underground so use plastic screen and plastic zip tie to hold it on. If you want to get fancy you can make a river bed out of it. That could be pretty and functional at the same time.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Overflow Drain Pipe Question

Quote Originally Posted by simo711 View Post
    Hi All, my new pool is being built and is about 2 weeks away from being completed. The crew piped the overflow drain pipe about 10 feet away from my pool but now it is simply sticking out in the yard. See the image. Any suggestions on how I can make this a bit cleaner? I would like to not welcome tiny critters (frogs, lizards, mice) to go into this drain. The black pipe is the french drain pipe. I plan on digging this down into the ground...just ignore that. Please help!

Overflow Pipe.jpg
    Mine runs into the French drain. I wouldn't be satisfied with them stubbing it out like that and not finishing the work.

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build