Overflow Drain Pipe Question

simo711

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Macon, GA
Hi All, my new pool is being built and is about 2 weeks away from being completed. The crew piped the overflow drain pipe about 10 feet away from my pool but now it is simply sticking out in the yard. See the image. Any suggestions on how I can make this a bit cleaner? I would like to not welcome tiny critters (frogs, lizards, mice) to go into this drain. The black pipe is the french drain pipe. I plan on digging this down into the ground...just ignore that. Please help!

Overflow Pipe.jpg

I would include it with the black pipe.Dig a ditch with rocks and such to keep it clean and dirt free. I would put a screen on the end to help keep out the critters. Think about it being underground so use plastic screen and plastic zip tie to hold it on. If you want to get fancy you can make a river bed out of it. That could be pretty and functional at the same time.

Kim:kim:

Hi All, my new pool is being built and is about 2 weeks away from being completed. The crew piped the overflow drain pipe about 10 feet away from my pool but now it is simply sticking out in the yard. See the image. Any suggestions on how I can make this a bit cleaner? I would like to not welcome tiny critters (frogs, lizards, mice) to go into this drain. The black pipe is the french drain pipe. I plan on digging this down into the ground...just ignore that. Please help!

View attachment 59784

Mine runs into the French drain. I wouldn't be satisfied with them stubbing it out like that and not finishing the work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.