Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Nautilus for AG pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Nautilus for AG pool?

Did the nautilus work for you? Dolphin told me it might be too aggressive on an AG. I really like the specs better and for $100, I'd rather get the nautilus.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Nautilus for AG pool?

I have the Nautilus Plus and it has been great for my pool.
    19328 Gallon Above-Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage 1.5hp Pump. Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based. 340gallon Marquis Spa. Bromine based. Established 2007.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfarmerdude View Post
    Did the nautilus work for you? Dolphin told me it might be too aggressive on an AG. I really like the specs better and for $100, I'd rather get the nautilus.
    I have the nautilus and just love it, I have a inground pool but really don't see why in wouldn't work for a AGP it climbs the walls good and skims along the waterline except when the fine filters are installed I don't think it gets enough water flow to keep itself up there. So I just use the fine filters if I have something like pollen in the pool.
    20 X 40 inground liner pool,1.5 hp Hayward pump, omnilogic automated panel, Hayward T15 SWG, 2 Skimmers and 3 returns, 35,000 gallons, Built it all myself.

4. Back To Top    #4

I spoke with the manufacturer by email and they said it is really aggressive on walls, so they don't recommend it. I'm just thinking though it seems like it would be less aggressive on the wall and more aggressive on the floor since it has to fight gravity to work on the walls?