filter/pump question

Jun 26, 2014
Newark, DE
Hello everyone - I haven't posted a question in a while, but continue to read posts and learn new things from this forum. My pool liner and filter both have to be replaced this year and I am using the company who did the last liner replacement and also installed the pool 20+ years ago. I have had a Hayward DE Perflex filter since I've owned the house/pool and it has always done a great job. The pool company no longer uses/installs haywards and told me I should get the Pentair FNS Plus 60. My existing pump is a Hayward which is not being replaced. Two questions - how difficult is the Pentair DE filter to clean/backwash, etc? Will Hayward pump work okay with a Pentair Filter? Thanks in advance!

TBL,

The pump and filter do not have to match, it makes no difference to them...

The Pentair FNS DE filter has grids that will backwashed and sometimes taken out to be cleaned. It is a pretty easy task...

I'm not sure how that compares to your current filter..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thank you! I should have known that the filter and pump would be okay together (or I'm sure they would have sold me a new pump too!).

My big concern with cleaning is getting the top of the filter off. My Hayward has a dozen bolts that have to be removed - it takes me forever and I'm always nervous that I'm not getting them back on tight enough. Hopefully the new one will be easier....

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.