Hello from Belgium

Nitrock28

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Belgium
Hi,

I'm new on the forum and a new pool owner. The house we bought has a semi in-ground, 35,000 L (8.5k gallons) pool.

I first browsed the french speaking pool community and was very confused by the diverging advises I got there. They seem much more oriented towards the pool store method.

Then I came across this website,lurked the forum and read about everything in the pool school and everything became much clearer.

I managed to order a K-2006C kit from eBay (these are VERY difficult to find in here), it is on it's way :D. The pool was left unattended by the previous owner for the last season, so at the beginning it was a black mess.
I found a store selling 25L jugs of 50% bleach and using test strips i had on hand, I tried to SLAM the water as best as I could. Now the water is cloudy and light green, but as soon as I get my test kit it should get better.

I'm also in the process of installing a solar heater, we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, Thanks TFP for all the good advices I already found !

Nit,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all Belgium pool owners. :snorkle:

Sounds like you are well on the way to turning your swamp back into a clear pool.

Good job on reading Pool School, getting a good test kit, and starting the SLAM... :goodjob:

Glad to have you with us,

Jim R.

Hello, and Welcome aboard!

I'm really glad you found us, and even happier your were able to get a good kit. We always have a tougher time with Overseas pools for lack of one. Please post up a new thread and we will pitch in to get this cleared up for you. Just FYI, you're likely to use up a lot of the FC testing reagents getting clear, so keep that in mind. I'll be anxious to see your results, and don't be shy with questions in the meantime.