Hello from Belgium

Nitrock28

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Belgium
Hi,

I'm new on the forum and a new pool owner. The house we bought has a semi in-ground, 35,000 L (8.5k gallons) pool.

I first browsed the french speaking pool community and was very confused by the diverging advises I got there. They seem much more oriented towards the pool store method.

Then I came across this website,lurked the forum and read about everything in the pool school and everything became much clearer.

I managed to order a K-2006C kit from eBay (these are VERY difficult to find in here), it is on it's way :D. The pool was left unattended by the previous owner for the last season, so at the beginning it was a black mess.
I found a store selling 25L jugs of 50% bleach and using test strips i had on hand, I tried to SLAM the water as best as I could. Now the water is cloudy and light green, but as soon as I get my test kit it should get better.

I'm also in the process of installing a solar heater, we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, Thanks TFP for all the good advices I already found !

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Nit,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all Belgium pool owners. :snorkle:

Sounds like you are well on the way to turning your swamp back into a clear pool.

Good job on reading Pool School, getting a good test kit, and starting the SLAM... :goodjob:

Glad to have you with us,

Jim R.

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
Hello, and Welcome aboard!

I'm really glad you found us, and even happier your were able to get a good kit. We always have a tougher time with Overseas pools for lack of one. Please post up a new thread and we will pitch in to get this cleared up for you. Just FYI, you're likely to use up a lot of the FC testing reagents getting clear, so keep that in mind. I'll be anxious to see your results, and don't be shy with questions in the meantime.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
P Introduce Yourself 1
H Introduce Yourself 4
Originalrocket Introduce Yourself 3

Other Threads of Interest