Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New intelliflo, plumbing questions

1. Back To Top    #1

New intelliflo, plumbing questions

pool plumb.jpg
    My pool is 14 years old and I am upgrading my pump to new intelliflo. Looking forward to saving money

I have some plumbing repairs from the years and decided to replace the above ground plumbing. Was thinking I could use the pentair pump to run the pool cleaner eliminating the booster pump. Saw a thread here saying it could not supply the flow needed for a 280 Polaris. Oh well I still am simplifying the plumbing a little.

Crude diagram attached shows what the plan is. I am thinking of adding a check valve after the filter. With old plumbing I had some loss of prime and thought the check valve might help.

Just waiting on my surge suppressor and coupling to arrive to get started. Oh I am replacing a 2.0 HP Jandy Stealth, great pump but overkill and energy hog

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Dan

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New intelliflo, plumbing questions

Dan,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all new pump owners..

You will love your new Intelliflo.

There is no reason to add the check valve after the filter, and I doubt that is the side that would be causing a priming issue.

You cannot use the Intelliflo to replace the booster pump.

Do NOT install this pump without using pump unions... Like this... http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/custo...FQ-BaQodxroF8Q

They have an O-Ring on the threaded side.. In my opinion, it should be illegal to install a $1,000 pump without them..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.