EasyTouch 4 - step by step guide to connecting landscape lights?

I notice that you have used the third relay over as the "Pump Filter" relay.. As long as it is connected to the Pump/Filter connector on the main board, it will operate fine. But, since most installs use the very first relay on the left (as well as the diagram on the door) as the Pump/Filter relay, it could be confusing for the next guy to use/troubleshoot the panel... Any reason you did this??

I didn't do the install. I had an electrician install the panel.

What are you currently using the 4th relay over for... (This would normally be the Aux 3 relay, if connected per the door diagram) ???

Not sure. I think we have only the pump, the IntelliBrite, and a water feature on the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe the 3rd relay is running 2 of the 3 and the 4th relay is running the other?

I control the Pentair manually. I think I'd rather have a transformer with a built in Photocell so everything is automatic. I've watched a lot of videos about wiring and transformers, however it seems that there is not enough space in the transformer for the amount of lights that I want to run. I think I may not understand how the wiring from each light is installed into the transformer?

I didn't do the install. I had an electrician install the panel.

Not sure. I think we have only the pump, the IntelliBrite, and a water feature on the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe the 3rd relay is running 2 of the 3 and the 4th relay is running the other?

c,

Starting on the left, the first two relays are not used.. the third is wired as the Pump/Filter relay and is applying power to your Saltwater cell (IC40).. the forth relay is most likely for your IntelliBrite..

Your original question was about LV lighting.. Did you plan to add more lights or What? I'm not sure I know what your question is??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I want to power the lights using the ET. I'm having the landscaping done in my yard. The landscaper will have to trench to my irrigation timer anyway, which is located next to my homes electrical main panel. Maybe I should just have him run an additional line off the panel to the transformer.

C,

If you want to power landscape lighting from your ET, all you need to do is add a 120 volt circuit breaker to your ET. Wire the output of the circuit breaker to the line (input) side of one of the unused relays and then wire the Load (output) of the relay into the power plug for the Landscape lighting control box (transformer).

Just to make sure we are both on the same page... There is NO transformer inside your ET that has anything to do with Landscape lighting...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a 120v plug on the outside of the ET. Can I just plug the transformer into that? No, there is no transfer inside the ET. What would be the purpose of running a new circuit breaker?

Plugging into the outlet is fine so long as as you understand that you won't be able to control it through the EasyTouch. I would still opt to hardwire the transformer to the panel.

A new breaker would simplify the circuit and limit the unlikely possibly of an existing circuit from getting overloaded.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The ET can turn the lights on and off on a schedule. Multiple times each day.

If you wish to turn on or off manually you will have to go to the panel.

Sure. Whatever is tied to a relay can be scheduled in the ET. If you tie all the lights to one relay they will all be on or off.

I suggest getting the ET Owners Manual and going through it. To me it is pretty logical. To others they complain it is difficult to follow.

Some folks here have the ScreenLogic add on that sounds like it makes programming easier and does allow you to control things via phone. I do not have the ScreenLogic.

Take care.

The beauty of the scheduling is to be able to set one up that will turn the lights on and off automatically in the days of your choosing. I take this one step further but adding a photocell so I never need to adjust the"on" time due to time changes and the season.

If you refer to post#6 above I walk through the steps of adding a circuit, naming it, assigning it a function and setting up a schedule.

I do not think I would use your 'pool guy' for electrical. You will still need a transformer for low voltage lighting.

I think you may be confused. Landscape lighting is 12v (low voltage) and the only way to get 12v from 120v is through a transformer.

If he is planning on installing 120v landscape lighting then that is another story and should result in you finding another installer :gone:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.