Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Timer issues

When I purchased the house 2 months ago I realized that the pump timer was not working and that the off tripper is missing.
    My question is how easy is it to install a new timer? Should I call a local pool guy? Or is it an easy fix?
    How much do they charge for this? I live in the southern California area.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Timer issues

Pictures and brand information would help.
    310 gallon Tiger River Sumatran Spa, covered, standalone, fiberglass, Bleach
    11,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool, Hayward SmartFilter 550 (cartridge), CompuPool(Hayward) T-15 SWG, Hayward Super II pump
    Taylor Test Kit K-2006C, K-1766, SampleSizer, SpeedStir, Polaris P825

3. Back To Top    #3

not sure what brand it is, but here is a picture.20170325_075005.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Im looking at this timer on amazon, but im not sure if this is the coorect one for my pool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00002N5FN...9O9R6CUC&psc=1

4. Back To Top    #4

Why not just buy these? Intermatic 156T1978A Time Switch Trippers for T100 Series Timers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BW3ELO..._qeA7ybH4D3GZC
    11,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool, Hayward SmartFilter 550 (cartridge), CompuPool(Hayward) T-15 SWG, Hayward Super II pump

5. Back To Top    #5

It looks like there is a tripper in the bottom of the enclosure.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow... I completely missed that

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you sir!
    I did not see that!
    But I think the timer is not turning properly it's been stuck at 8pm

8. Back To Top    #8

Have you fiddled with the dial? Reset the time to make sure the face is engaged with the gears behind it and given it a little wiggle back and forth to unstick it? If so, then the 240v of that intermatic timer is fine.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

The 240v option on that particular Amazon link says not rated or recommended for outdoor use. Make sure you get one that is.

10. Back To Top    #10

Good catch! Missed that! We're even now.
    TFP Moderator